Assistant Director, Direct Marketing Communications
The Assistant Director conceptualizes, creates, implements and manages all major and mid-size direct marketing appeal campaigns across Hamline University’s undergraduate and graduate degree constituencies. This role is responsible for developing strategy, content, and creative for appeals with consistent look and messaging across various channels (direct mail, email, social media, and web) focused on increasing annual financial support and participation in the annual fund for various segments.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop growth strategies for revenue and donor file through direct marketing efforts, including mail, email, web, social media, and new media channels.
- Manage the direct marketing and communication appeals plan, including: Idea conception, creating content, design and execution for all mail, email, web, social media appeals and communications related to Annual Giving Programs. ,
- Manage external vendor relationships and negotiate work contracts and fees, ensuring deadlines and quality work product is met
- Build and recommend to leadership a comprehensive and strategic solicitation calendar and marketing plan including mail, email, and social media appeals. Determine thematic messaging and segmentation strategies
- Set goals, provide metrics, analyze, and evaluate annual giving program communications and segmentation performance in order to help Annual Giving Programs meet growth goals in dollars and donors
- Write content for web and social media and ensure that alumni annual fund content is accurate, compelling, and up-to-date. Collaborate with colleagues in Alumni Relations to create cohesive alumni communications. Contribute articles for Alumni Relations publications
- Provide feedback and help direct the development of collateral materials, etc for Alumni Giving, partnering with marketing to ensure brand alignment
- Lead and strategize special campaigns with a focus on social media and emerging technologies
- Offer strategy and support to internal partners for crowd funding campaigns
- Stay abreast of best practices and industry trends by attending educational events and reading current fundraising materials
- Work with Director to develop annual fund branding
- Solicit alumni by phone, email, and in person particularly during busy times including calendar and fiscal year end
- All other duties as requested
Hamline University does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; marital status; familial status; status with regard to public assistance; membership or activity in a local commission; disability; age; or protected veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.