Brand Manager E-Commerce
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission: Make Better Happen. This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumers we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. We are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…;and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-o-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alphabits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers’ cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
In order to maintain our strength and drive further growth, we are currently hiring for a Brand Manager of E-Commerce.
The Brand Manager of E-Commerce is the key, critical leader in the development and implementation of our e-commerce growth plans across all brands within RTE cereal. Unlocking growth potential for our company, this position is responsible for driving growth while delivering profitability targets of the assigned channel. Through influence and effective collaborating, the incumbent will align the organization to the key strategies that fuel the growth plan, as well as the scope, timing, and scale of the product portfolio. This marketing opportunity will require the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, multi-task, and keeping various projects on track simultaneously. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will be required to keep other functional areas apprised of and engaged in team’s initiatives. Specific accountabilities include:
- Develop and oversee execution of a 2-year product and package roadmap for the e-commerce channel across the whole of the ready to eat cereal portfolio, taking into account key competitive activity, unmet consumer needs, and key opportunity areas for our brands
- Collaborate closely with the digital marketing team to drive traffic to preferred transaction sites, according to a monthly content calendar and priorities matrix
- Partner with cross-functional team members to ensure proper leverage of the PCB commercialization process and capabilities
- Engage with Sales and Category Leadership teams to optimize new items sales materials and communications timeline; launch online concurrent with offline
- Establish and trace critical KPIs for e-commerce activation, incorporating measurement into an e-commerce continuous improvement model
- Identify necessary support plans for key innovation launches and collaborate with brand marketing teams for a successful transition at first ship
Key Leadership Traits:
Agility: Knows how to appropriately apply rigor of research and analysis to the level of risk anticipated in any endeavor. Able to move with purposeful urgency and shift gears seamlessly, when needed. Contingency planning and objective analysis are critical.
Focus: Builds a robust pipeline of opportunities, yet able to focus an organization on the critical few things that must be achieved. Knows when to ideate and when to execute – and ensures the organization is clear on work plans and launch cadence.
Accountability: Self-assured with ego in check. Hunger to identify what is working and improve that which is not. Dedicated to keeping the organization abreast of critical initiatives and performs effective post launch analysis without triggering defensiveness in others.
The Brand Manager role within Post Consumer Brands offers an exciting opportunity to hone business and marketing skills to drive volume growth by identifying and delivering on compelling consumer and customer needs. This role may develop into a longer-term marketing career of increasing responsibility or it could also lead to new and exciting experiences within a number of work functions within Post Consumer Brands.
Internal: Contact with all functional areas in corporate office and operations facilities to develop systems and plans to drive business. Plan and execute based on an understanding of sales and manufacturing systems, plans and complexities. Contact with legal counsel on intellectual property and contract issues.
External: Primary external contact is with the Customer and third party vendors, such as advertising agencies and packaging graphics partners. Contact with professional peers to stay current on market trends.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA Preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years (preference for 5 years) in digital marketing and e-commerce activation from either a marketing or sales management role within consumer goods
- Knowledge of consumer retail marketing, advertising, sales, trade and consumer promotion, market analysis, market research, budgeting, financial analysis, and pricing, innovation are all needed in order to be effective in this role
- Understanding and activation of a compelling Martech stack, to include measurement tools and optimization.
- Preference for experience working with Amazon.com and Walmart.com, as well as Instacart, Peapod, and others.
- Exceptional forecasting, analytical, and operational skills
- Expert skill with Google Analytics and SEM platforms
- Ability and knowledge to effectively create on-line demand and able to convert to direct on-line sales.
- Drive on-line sales growth through maximizing current customer relationships and continuous development of new customer partnerships.
- Conduct on-going research on e-commerce trends, methods and strategies
- Analytical Skill: ability to analyze consumer data and develop programs that create brand loyalty and drive repeat purchases. Understanding of ROI – ability to assess impact on business of Digital marketing initiatives – maximize return
- Leadership: ability to foster open dialogue and create strong morale within a team
- Encourages collaboration across the organization and gains trust and support of peers
- Effectively gets things done through formal channels and informal networks
This position is based in Lakeville, MN, and may include up to 20% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.