POSITION TITLE: Communications Assistant
POSITION STATUS: Part-time (21 hours a week): Schedule negotiable, with Tuesdays in office
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
The Communications Assistant will be responsible for many of the day-to-day operations of Springboard for the Arts’ external communication functions, including social media, newsletters, and mailings.
- Manage day-to-day and regular operations of Springboard social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for Springboard for the Arts, Creative Exchange, Ready Go, and C/Art: Lowertown.
- Work with staff to coordinate communications calendar and create bi-weekly electronic newsletter highlighting Springboard activities.
- Support creation and production of key mailings including workshop catalogs, donor communications, and Year In Review letters.
- Identify areas of organizational growth, communications metrics and evaluation, and develop and execute strategies to support those goals.
- Maintain and update Springboard mailing lists.
- Creation and distribution of press releases as needed.
- Occasional event staffing and communications.
- Participation in creative and design processes.
Qualifications or requirements
- Excellent communication skills in multiple formats and across media. Written communication skills a must, additional graphic design and visual communication skills a plus. Curiosity, creativity and a desire to learn and experiment.
- Experience with MacOS, MS Office Suite, MailChimp, and internet-based/social media applications required. Software and professional development training will be supplied as needed.
- Qualified applicants must be personable and enjoy working one-on-one with artists from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds on tasks both large and small. Applicants must also be organized, have a sense of humor, patience, and experience with the arts community. Practicing artists preferred.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
- Part-time, 21 hours per week.
- $20,000 starting salary
- Participation in Springboard’s group healthcare insurance
- 100% dental insurance for employee
- Simple IRA with 3% IRA contribution
- Paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
- Creative, artist-led work environment
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume (PDF format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday, October 6, 2017. Please include “Communications Assistant” in your email subject line. Please title your files Lastname_Firstname_letter.PDF and Lastname_Firstname_resume.PDF. No phone calls, please.
Springboard for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.