We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Consultant. This position provides overall communications services for HealthPartners and Regions Hospital and to supply communications consulting services to other departments. Primary assignments include writing and editing for internal and external publications and electronic communications, including email and Intranet; maintaining graphic standards; media relations; strategic planning, special communications, events, publications and projects. This position requires frequent contact and communication with employees, physicians, nurses, dentists, and administrators within the HealthPartners family of organizations, as well as the ability to represent the organization to media outlets and other external audiences.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
- Writes employee communications, both printed and electronic, as well as media materials and other items for external audiences for the HealthPartners family of organizations.
- Acts as an active participant in the on-going HealthPartners and Regions Hospital internal and external communications process. This includes assisting in research and focus groups, participating in planning sessions, and helping to measure the results and effectiveness of communications plans.
- Works with the rest of the Communications team to maintain organizational identity and graphic standards for the HealthPartners family of organizations.
- Assists fellow Communications staff in planning, coordinating and implementing special events, video and slide productions, and other assignments as needed.
- Prepares news releases and may coordinate media interviews, and assist with media events.
- Serves as writer/editor of newsletters/publications.
- Provides media relations support for HealthPartners and Regions Hospital. This includes carrying the hospital’s media relations pager during some weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- At least two years of writing, public relations and/or communications experience. Internships and part-time employment can be used as experience.
- Excellent written communications skills, including typing, spelling and grammar.
- Excellent news sense and the ability to research and effectively communicate stories to internal and external audiences.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment.
- Knowledge or experience in the health care field.
- Experience editing others' writing.