Director of Technology
At Clockwork, our purpose is to do great work and have great lives. We love our clients and we love what we do. Oh, and we’re nice and have a pretty great time doing it.
Clockwork is about transparency, collaboration, and people. We are — and always have been — 100% digital, so our collective tech expertise is unparalleled. We take our clients’ businesses very seriously and work hard to turn their vision into smart, digital solutions.
We’re looking for a Director of Technology to share our commitment to our clients and our values. Reporting to the COO, this position is part of the leadership team and responsible for our technical approach and strategy, management of technical team members, and driving technical vision and innovation.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO:
- Has technical leadership experience, particularly in a digital agency environment
- Is able to define a vision and shepherd teams through improvement and change
- Can connect individuals, teams, and ideas to continuously improve the interaction between disciplines across the agency
- Is exceptional at communication
- Can envision the future and inspire others to work toward it
- Is committed to quality, efficiency, and ownership of practice and process
- Tries new things, and is always learning
- Is interested in contributing to multiple areas of focus including company leadership, client consultative partnerships and software engineering services
- Is nice
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology developments to deliver continuous improvements in our capabilities and contribute fresh ideas to our business strategy
- Support business development and account teams with the technical aspects of projects, proposals, and contracts – including assistance with the preparation and presentation of pitches
- Manage the performance of technical team members (developers, ops engineers, and QA) and provide high-level leadership to the organization
- Develop, continuously evolve and improve Clockwork’s technical people and processes
- Identify and initiate projects designed to improve infrastructure security, scalability, and reliability
- Manage budgets and participate in company planning, including managing and leveraging technical debt
- Speak up! Establish a strong, public presence of thought leadership in the industry and community
- Ability to lead, organize, and execute with little or no direction, deliver commitments on time and within budget, and work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and analytical thinker; sees solutions rather than obstacles
- Strong experience driving technical strategy and roadmapping
- Experience defining the scope of projects, including pre-sales support in solutions and estimates
- Experience managing full project/product life cycles, from pre-sale to post-launch
- Strong people management and team communication skills, including the ability to write and deliver clear proposals, reports, and presentations
- Experience working with multiple open source platforms, LAMP preferred, and third party libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with hosting platforms and network operations
- Some development and product architecture experience
- Experience architecting and delivering complex enterprise applications to multiple customers through multiple releases
- Flexible approach to project methodology
Is this you? Awesome! Please send us your resume.
Clockwork is an active proponent of diversity in the Minneapolis technology industry. We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace where humans are stronger because we're together. LGBTQ, Women, Minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Interested in learning more about Clockwork? Give us a call and/or check out this video where Clockworkers share what it's like to work at a company that puts people first and Nancy shares her vision.