Marketing & Events Assistant
The Marketing & Events Assistant will be responsible for executing marketing and programming initiatives within Fair State’s brand strategy and membership communications.
An ideal candidate possesses strong communications skills, has experience managing social media for a consumer-oriented brand, can plan and execute digital marketing promotions, assist in the organization of events, and work collaboratively with a tight-knit team in a friendly yet ambitious environment. The Assistant will need to intimately understand the nature of our cooperative and look for opportunities to engage more meaningfully with our Member-Owners through Taproom events. Craft beer is a unique market, and the ideal candidate should bring a working knowledge of its nature and idiosyncrasies.
This will be a fun role with a lot of opportunities for creativity. We’re looking for an energetic, passionate person who can learn quickly, think strategically, and stay true to our brand. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and distribute consistent, precise, and targeted brand communications across owned mediums to support Taproom programming, events, and Membership initiatives.
- Work with Taproom & Membership leads to develop and implement strategies, promotions, and events.
- Cement Fair State’s role within the local and broader community by nurturing existing relationships and partnerships.
- Assist as needed in the production of all physical and digital branded media, including photography, videos, posters & other internal signage, web content, and merchandise.
- Support and assist in promotion and execution of events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least one year of marketing, communications, or social media experience, ideally working with a consumer-facing, community-oriented brand.
- Have a desire to learn and implement new tools continually, produce thumb-stopping creative, and have a strong understanding of social media strategy.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills across all types of media, including fluency with all social media platforms and tactics of digital marketing.
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate easily with all kinds of internal and external partners.
- Have a strong passion for craft beer and a thorough understanding of its culture.
Preferred: Additional creative capabilities, such as copywriting, photography, and design.