Exosite is a fast-growing company, leading the drive to deliver Internet of Things solutions to the marketplace. Exosite is seeking a talented, passionate, and hardworking intern to support the day-today activities of our in-house marketing team located in Minneapolis. The position will report to the Director of Marketing Communications and is a part-time summer internship (3month commitment of a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 40 hours per week), with the opportunity to extend into a longterm internship and/or full-time employment.
As a marketing intern at Exosite, you will receive real world marketing experience in one of the fastest-moving markets in tech. You will contribute on projects geared towards brand awareness and lead generation, including social promotion, blogging, market research, and content creation. Candidates should have a creative knack, strong writing skills, an ability to multitask, and an eagerness to learn about marketing systems, strategies, and tools.Position Responsibilities would include executing a social media strategy to promote Exosite news and increase followers, including weekly posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Execute a social media strategy to promote Exosite news and increase followers, including weekly posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Conduct research to stay up-to-date with social media trends and identify opportunities for strategy improvement.
- Execute a blog strategy that includes writing and editing posts, as well as coordinating blog contributions from subject matter experts throughout the organization.
- Conduct market research, build prospect lists, and draft email content to aid in outbound marketing campaigns.
- Assist with content creation of website copy, brochures, white papers, paid advertisements, and press releases to aid in brand awareness and inbound marketing campaigns.
- Edit and cold proof as needed to ensure consistency across all promotional assets.
- Pursuing or obtained a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to adapt the Exosite voice for various audiences and media formats.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience using social media tools like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Experience with Hubspot, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or video editing programs is beneficial, but not required.
- A passion for marketing and an interest in learning marketing systems, tools, and processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines, and juggle multiple priorities at once while consistently moving projects forward.
- Self-motivated with the desire to contribute at a high level on a small, collaborative team.
Exosite is a growing, agile, non-bureaucratic, technology-focused company looking to add passionate people to our team. The business is focused on providing SaaS software products for connecting smart devices and sensors to business systems and people. The company is recognized for its wide range of integration products that let clients store, analyze, and access data gathered from the real world.
In addition to world-class, cloud-based technologies, Exosite is also building a world-class work environment. The Minneapolis office is located in the historic International Market Square building and fosters a creative, collaborative environment of thought leaders, designers, and makers. From social events and team-building activities to professional development and flexible work hours, Exosite employees are cultivated to thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to its headquarters in Minneapolis, the company also has offices in Taiwan. The team is highly collaborative and provides excellent opportunities for growth at all experience levels.
This position functions in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in an office setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to operate a computer and may be requested to lift up to 20 pounds (e.g., computer equipment or office supplies).