Marketing Specialist – Innovation & New Business Development
The Corporate division encompasses the core operational support for all Land O’Lakes businesses. It includes Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communications, Land O’Lakes Foundation and Community Relations, Finance, Law, Member Relations, Facilities, Event Strategy, Security, Human Resources, Information Technology, Corporate Marketing and Government Relations.
Job Description and Qualifications
The Dairy Foods Business Unit seeks a qualified Marketing Specialist to support the Innovation & New Business Development (INBD) business function. This group is responsible for Innovation, Business Development, and Specialty P&L management including Kozy Shack and Philia Foods. The Marketing Specialist role supports efforts across the group. The role reports into the Marketing Director of INBD.
More specifically, this role has the following accountabilities:
- Analyze the businesses: Able to analyze business opportunities, problems, and trends (includes both regular business tracking forecasting and ad hoc data requests). This involves tracking of IRI data, production and forecasting data, customer data and ad hoc requests.
- Supports information sharing and data availability by managing the LOL system interaction and support including Sharepoint, OBI, Onedrive, OneNote etc.
- Manages the marketing budget, including Allocadia management, tracking expenses to budget and communicating with marketing team and cross-functional budget partners, facilitating requests and reconciling reports.
- Supports the broader team in development of senior leadership meetings and presentations.
- Supports activation of Land O’Lakes Dairy Accelerator program, including website updates, coordination of meetings and content with applicants, PR and promotional efforts.
- Partners with IMC to support execution of elements of the marketing plan. May coordinate and/or update website, social content calendars, blogger programs, small photo shoots.
- Supports the development of business growth strategies by conducting ad hoc data analysis enabling analytical and strategic recommendations on all projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of invoice payment for market research projects and marketing spend (new supplier setups, PO setups, invoice processing, etc.
- Contributes to the development of meaningful and persuasive sales materials to help sell in new items or describe new programs.
- 4-year college degree
- 2+ years experience within marketing
- Expert with PowerPoint
- Able to multi-task and collaborate.
- Very organized.
- Able to work well with MS Office tools including proficient with Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical abilities.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Arden Hills
Job Function: Other
Organization: Dairy Foods
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2018