Member Marketing & Communications Manager
Position Overview: The Member Marketing & Communications Manager is an integral part of the Visit Saint Paul membership team, ensuring a positive member experience and working with the VP of Membership to design and implement strategies to increase member recruitment and retention. The person in this position will work collaboratively with all departments to achieve the organization’s goals related to outreach, member engagement and visibility.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of Saint Paul and local businesses and is motivated by making connections and providing exceptional member support with the goal of increasing member engagement. “Making members happy” will be the Member Marketing & Communications Manager’s motto.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate across departments to maximize member participation in Visit Saint Paul programs and services including the website, Insider’s Guide, visitor information, convention sales efforts, service and lead requests and networking events.
- Develop and implement strategies to build and continually increase knowledge of all Visit Saint Paul programs, services and benefits for members and be able to explain the value of membership.
-Manage membership database, ensuring that data is complete, accurate and current. Educate members on how to make updates to their information. Proof and approve all member updates.
-Work closely with the Marketing department to ensure accurate member participation in website and print pieces. Assist with blog writing and social media messaging as needed.
-Coordinate and create communications to current, new, former, and prospective members, including newsletters and invites. Develop member engagement and renewal campaigns using Informz email system.
-Develop content and manage edits for member section of Visit Saint Paul’s website.
- Coordinate prospective member campaigns and new member outreach
-Respond to inquiries from members and prospects by e-mail and phone; resolve member questions and concerns.
-Plan member events including MyVSP, Member Orientation and the STAR Tour. Assist with planning of the Annual Meeting and the Taste of Saint Paul Holiday Party.
-Network with members and raise awareness of the business/Visit Saint Paul membership relationship. Represent Visit Saint Paul at member sponsored events and various industry meetings as requested.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills in writing and editing, public speaking/presenting before large groups.
- A commitment to providing superior customer service with the ability to resolve issues in a professional manner
- Event management or meeting planning experience
- Digital curiosity with willingness to learn data management and digital marketing skills (includes: database management, maintaining websites and creating content, using online tools for sending e-newsletters and using social media to promote a product, service or cause)
- Demonstrate personal integrity and sense of responsibility along with a positive work attitude
- Desire to take initiative, creatively tackle challenges and launch new ideas
- Exceptional attention to detail and personal accountability
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
- Personable, organized, persuasive
- Experience with member-based operations
- Tourism and hospitality knowledge
- Business to Business sponsorship development
- Graphic design or basic HTML abilities a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, Hmong, or other locally spoken languages
Visit Saint Paul is a non-profit equal opportunity employer, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is fundamental in providing excellent service to visitors and the community.
This position is open to anyone who meets the position requirements. This is a full-time, exempt position, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Paid/Partial Paid Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and LTL Insurance
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- 10 paid Holidays per year
- 401K with match
Please send a cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, salary requirements and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Monday, September 18, 2017