Rank Crankers’ mission is to make sure the valuable products and services our clients create are seen online in a meaningful and measured way.We love data and we love results.
Located in the North Loop neighborhood of Minneapolis, Rank Crankers has been providing search marketing and web analytics expertise for over seven years. While our core services feature specialized marketing disciplines, we approach our client work first as digital marketers.
Our clients are both publicly traded companies and locally owned and operated businesses spanning every industry vertical.
As Search Manager, you will build and drive search strategies for multiple accounts. You thrive on the accountability and responsibility of leading client work and delivering superior results for your clients. You’ll oversee the day-to-day management of campaigns and client teams. Your client’s business goals are always top of mind which is why you approach the development of all strategic optimizations as tests, letting data dictate direction.
Day-to-day management of client interactions and relationship building will be a primary focus. You’ll spend time crafting intelligent communications to your clients when industry updates warrant an adjustment to your existing strategy. You’ll prepare and deliver presentations to clients. Your client communication will come from your understanding of how to leverage the data available to craft a compelling narrative. You will be responsible for your team consistently delivering the highest quality work.
Time-management skills are crucial to leading multiple clients and clearly delegating work to your client teams. Your deep knowledge of client’s business goals help prioritize the efforts of your team; helping staff understand paid search best practices and the process for successful and efficient execution of specific tactics.
You have ideas around deliverable efficiency and consistency and look forward to helping maintain, update and create agency processes. You love to collaborate with your colleagues on their projects and your own. You will seek to establish yourself to both clients and colleagues as a search expert. You want to lead client business and begin mentoring other team members. Your role as mentor extends to leading regular statuses and reviews for a handful of direct reports. Your investment in supporting these members of the team directly impacts the efficacy of all your other strategic account management efforts.
- Search Strategy: Your ability to analyze data from search engines and analytics tools in order to make actionable decisions and recommendations is first-rate and your clients love you for it.
- Client Management: Manage relationships as the primary day-to-day contact across multiple clients, ensuring deadlines and client goals are met. Facilitate client meetings, present monthly reporting, lead client status meetings, mind the details (correct billing, budget pacing) and assist with expanding project scopes, writing proposals, and statements of work as needed.
- Measurement: Own the measurement strategy and execution for your clients. Ensure that the client’s business goals are at the heart of the strategy, recommendations and reporting.
- Reporting: Prepare, deliver and present client reporting with clear, concise and valuable insights derived from reporting data. Understand how to leverage data to provide a compelling narrative in answering both the ‘why’ and ‘how’ for your clients.
- Presenting: Demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings.
- Consistency: Ensure both internal and outgoing deliverable materials are completed to Rank Crankers’ standard of quality. Champion the use and maintenance of agency processes as it relates to the day-to-day management of your accounts.
- Experiments: Continually challenge the status quo of your strategy and execution through persistent testing; ads, bids, landing pages, multivariate, a/b, etc.
- Awareness: You’re on top of your client’s competitive landscape and identify risks or opportunities the client may not have recognized.
- Build Relationships: Use your excellent strategic digital marketing counsel to build trust between you and your client.
- Communication: Ability to articulate complex strategies to an audience with varying degrees of digital knowledge/expertise.
- Work Plans: Lead tactical planning and execution for your clients. Prioritize initiatives with clients and internal teams in order to maximize impact on our client’s business goals.
- Mentorship: Mentor both indirect and direct reports throughout the agency. Serve as a role model for colleagues by successfully navigating tough, honest conversations and delicately handling executive and multi-agency challenges.
- Collaboration: Foster an environment that inspires innovation among colleagues and clients.
- On-boarding and Training: Conduct training sessions during the new hire on-boarding process to help set a baseline of core competencies. Expand that knowledge through more advanced training sessions conducted for small groups of staff or leading presentations for the whole company.
- Staff Development: Help shape career paths for colleagues through regular status meetings and reviews.
- New Business: Identify opportunities for current clients to expand scope.
- Industry Expert: You’ve got a passion for search; you’re on top of industry trends and you share your knowledge. You’ll become a subject matter expert by creating best practices, testing new trends and vetting new technologies. Become a trusted resource for your team.
- OKRs: Develop personal OKRs on a quarterly basis and work towards their completion.
- 3+ years of hands-on PPC, SEO or Analytics experience.
- 2+ years of client management experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Blow us away.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Google Analytics.
- Current certifications across Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Google Analytics.
- Extremely organized and great at managing to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to translate agency services into compelling client opportunities.
- Proven track record of effective search marketing strategies through client results.
- First-rate analytical and strategic thinking.
- Self-directed individual.
- Able to maintain positivity and leadership in high-pressure, deadline-driven environments, with the ability to prioritize on the fly.
- Working knowledge of 3rd party platforms such as Kenshoo, DoubleClick, Marin, etc.
- Experience with social PPC publishers (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Experience with shopping ads and product feeds.
- Experience with video advertising.
- Google Tag Manager or other tag management solution experience.