User Experience Architect
Clockwork is about transparency, collaboration, and people. We are — and always have been — 100% digital, so our collective tech expertise is unparalleled. We take our clients’ businesses very seriously and work hard to turn their vision into smart, digital solutions.
At Clockwork, our purpose is to do great work and have great lives. We love our clients and we love what we do. We’re excited to be adding a User Experience Architect to our team of nice humans.
The User Experience Architect is responsible for collaborating with a project team and developing IA/UX plans (site maps, flows, navigation models) for websites, web applications, and mobile applications. A firm understanding of user-centered design processes will be crucial to your success here.
We would love to meet if this sounds like you:
- Create plans for how to investigate and execute against clients’ expectations and discovery/planning budgets within Clockwork’s elastic process, including research, problem definition, and solution definition.
- Conduct and/or assist with research:
- Business research: client stakeholder interviews and workshops, competitive analysis
- User research: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, surveys
- Content research: analytics audit, content inventory & audit
- Analyze business requirements, research findings, and the audience’s processes, tasks, and goals. Work with your project team to translate findings into coherent user interfaces that are intuitive and innovative.
- Collaborate closely with project team members: project manager, strategist, technical lead, visual designer, front-end developer, programmer, analyst, and quality assurance.
- Document design intent clearly for both business and technical audiences, using sitemaps, sketches, wireframes, interaction flow diagrams, and/or prototypes with appropriate functional and behavioral annotations or documentation.
- Quickly gain understanding of business and user needs for varying vertical markets: consumer, education, government, manufacturing, non-profit, technology, etc.
- Advocate for target end-users throughout the design and development process, using research findings, personas, and scenarios as aids in prioritization of issues and functionality.
- Identify potential usability issues early, and devise solutions that are appropriate to the target users and their tasks.
- Provide project teams with recommendations for the practical trade-offs that get usable, well-designed products and sites up and running.
- Be a key team member in the continued integration of user-centered design approach.
- Be able to adapt to shifting project and client requirements, project deliverables, and project timelines.
- 5+ years experience as an information architect, user experience architect, or experience designer (or similar role)
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with content management systems (CMS) concepts (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Proficient in a variety of design tools including OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamiq, HTML, Sketch, or equivalent
- Self-motivated and analytical thinker; sees solutions rather than obstacles
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Energized by finishing projects as much as starting them
- Comfortable taking the lead
- Motivated by thinking about how you work, not just doing work
Is this you? Awesome! Please send us your resume.
Clockwork is an active proponent of diversity in the Minneapolis technology industry. We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace where humans are stronger because we're together. LGBTQ, Women, Minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Interested in learning more about Clockwork? Give us a call and/or check out this video where Clockworkers share what it's like to work at a company that puts people first and Nancy shares her vision.