Full-time position with Foundation Architects in Minneapolis
Job posted January 26, 2023
About The Role
Small but fun, like this posting, Foundation Architects in Minneapolis’ North Loop is looking for a full-time, talented project Architect. You have a professional degree in Architecture and about 4-6 years of experience in design and construction documents. You can be non-licensed while acquiring licensure on your own time.
We’re excited to find a well-rounded, creative person to become an integral member of our team. Revit (a must-have software experience), documentation, and design abilities are needed for our unique variety of project types — including startups, expansions, and remodels.
We’ll work closely to mentor and support you so you can grow in your career, expand your capabilities within our firm, and learn all aspects of the architecture business. Your assignments will range from dental clinics and opticians’ offices with a retail component to other commercial and residential properties.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fully competent in all conventional aspects of architecture.
• Independently perform a variety of assignments.
• Apply skills to a range of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity.
• Analyze design, planning, and occupancy studies, and produce limited design layouts.
• Prepare project specifications by compiling and reviewing relevant data.
• Write reports and specifications.
• Review completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
ABOUT FOUNDATION ARCHITECTS
Established in 1994, Foundation Architects specializes in designing unique and functional working environments. Specialties include dental clinics, health and wellness offices, and commercial spaces. In addition, we have a broad background in residential architecture.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role appeals to you, send your resume and personalized cover letter* to our search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name, Architect > Foundation” in the subject line. Include your salary expectation in the email message.
*In your cover letter, please include two or more of the following prompts…
• Briefly describe your most impressive/impactful architectural assignment to date.
• Tell us about a personal experience in a dentist’s or optician’s office that was influenced by its design.
• Describe how you successfully assisted a colleague with an activity not listed in your job description.
• Share what you hope to be working on in the next 5 years.
Following review of your application and referral by our search manager, our interview process will include a first in-person meeting with the company founder. Thereafter, a meeting with the firm’s colleagues may ensue.
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com