Communications Coordinator – 32 hrs/week
Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin County communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
32 hours/week; benefit earning
This position provides communications and marketing support for Interfaith Outreach with an emphasis on graphic design, social media activities and photography. As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, this individual will provide professional graphic design expertise and highly effective social media marketing.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support and a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
Graphic Design: Serve as organizational graphic designer using Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign and Illustrator software). Design materials for print communication pieces as well as graphic assets for website, social media, e-communications and other channels in support of fundraising, community engagement, Resale Select store and all organizational needs.
Digital Marketing / Social Media Implementation: Coordinate the writing, designing and deployment of social media communications. Organize content, design graphics, secure approvals and post on social media channels including but not limited to Facebook and LinkedIn.
Project Coordination / Print Production: Coordinate printing and mailing of organizational materials for the Development, Communications and Community Engagement departments. Adhere to organizational brand standards and monitor brand use by other departments. Serve as primary organizational photographer.
• Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Marketing or related field
• Three years demonstrated success in a professional setting
• Proven track record conceptualizing and designing communications with high technical aptitude and competence in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign and Illustrator)
• Computer proficiency, including the Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to create, manage and implement social media content
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and prioritize workload; attention to detail
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Availability to attend off-hour organizational and fundraising events
• Experience in e-communication technology
• Skilled at photography and video production/editing
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom software
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and digital marketing
• A firm understanding of print production and mailing processes
• Familiarity with Blackbaud products (Luminate Online, Raisers Edge)
We offer a Total Rewards competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications are considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.