Communications Intern (Summer)
Internship position with Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in Kansas City
Job posted April 17, 2023
About The Role
The communications intern assists the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation’s communications team. The communications intern will report to the director of communications and is hourly, nonexempt. This position is expected to work at the Community Foundation’s office in downtown Kansas City for at least 20 hours/week (up to 40 hours/week is preferred) during the summer break season, May through August.
• Support communications and marketing department with writing and editing communications for donors, prospects, professional advisors and nonprofits.
• Provide assistance for external events, including tracking RSVPs and curating event materials and communications.
• Draft social media posts.
• Track activities and update records in Salesforce.
• Maintain electronic media clip files.
• Prepare check requests for invoices.
• College junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing or journalism.
• Strong writing skills. Basic knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience using Canva is preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret a variety of instructions and procedures.
• Ability to successfully communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a highly collaborative environment, while able to work independently and be self-motivated.
• This position may be required to travel to off-site meetings and events in the Kansas City metro and should have access to reliable transportation with a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
The employee must physically be able to
• Regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
• Work within an office that has a moderate noise level.
• Communicate and interpret detailed information.
This job description is a summary of the employment-at-will relationship and not a contract. Not every responsibility is outlined, changes should be anticipated, and other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com