About The Role
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Location: Twin Cities Area
FTE Status: Full-time, Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Salary range: $45,000 – $63,000
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT NORTH (JA North)
The team at Junior Achievement North is committed to keeping students at the center of our work and helping them reach their full potential. We prepare students to become the leaders of tomorrow by building financial skills, exploring exciting career paths, and developing an entrepreneurial mindset. Our model builds experiential learning opportunities for students so they can creatively explore how lessons in the classroom can translate to life outside of school. We are focused on equitably serving K-12 students across our entire region of Minnesota, North Dakota, and western Wisconsin. As we deliver programming, we inspire students, support educators, and partner with business and community organizations.
Our team consists of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals committed to our mission. Together, we prioritize relationships, act with integrity, embrace change, and continually improve. We deepen impact across our entire region by supporting our colleagues and prioritizing our students. We’re looking for engaging professionals to join this growing and dynamic team!
Along with being an equal opportunity employer, JA North offers a collaborative environment. We aspire to hire a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Development and the existing Marketing & Communications Manager to meet the dynamic needs of our team for both internal and external communications.
If you love to develop new content, refresh existing language, demonstrate impact, tell stories, and enhance an organization’s brand, this role is for you! It’s a fast paced and fun team that loves to continually improve and think creatively about communication strategy.
• Content Creation and Copy Editing
· Developing key messages related to programs, events, fundraising, and general organizational impact is essential in this role. A mastery of creative and technical writing is foundational and attention to detail is a must for copy editing tasks.
• Content Design and Planning
· Graphic design skills are helpful, but not required. Keeping brand standards front and center while collaborating on designs and having an eye for editing communications pieces will enhance this role. Building content calendars to manage the communications flow and timeline is an integral part of this role.
• Communications and Marketing Strategy
· Work closely with the Vice President of Development and other leaders to build and support communications strategy. It is essential for this role to see the big picture while also executing daily projects. Being an active participant and listener in planning meetings is required to understand collateral needs and help build the best approach.
• Marketing Materials
· As Junior Achievement North seeks to build brand awareness, develop new partnerships, share program impact, and raise more resources, the role of marketing is critical. Help find new marketing opportunities, strengthen existing efforts, and create materials to deepen the organizational connection across the community.
• Social Media
· Creatively utilize to strengthen our social media presence. This will include content creation and planning, analytics, advertising/boosted posts, page promotion, cross-promotional engagement, etc.
• Website Management
· Ensure that website content and images are up to date and help the team streamline the site going forward. The ability to build new website content, refine existing pages, and assess the website needs will be crucial.
• Media Relations
· Think about ways to Junior Achievement North events, stories, and impact to media outlets to help boost public relations opportunities. Experience with crafting press releases and finding connections to media outlets is beneficial, but not required.
• Excellent writing skills and a passion for storytelling
• Strong editing and copywriting skills
• Experience overseeing the design and production of communications materials.
• Ability to prioritize tasks while balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Excellent listening skills to understand the needs of the team.
• Proactive approach to project management and content development
• A collaborative approach to helping colleagues accomplish their goals.
• Flexibility and eagerness to learn.
• 3-5 years of communications/marketing experience
• Literacy in Microsoft Office
• COVID-19 vaccination strongly recommended.
• Other Preferred Qualities / Skills:
o Comfort in Content Management Systems for website building and content editing.
o Knowledge of Canva design program.
o Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
o Asset-based approach to language development as we seek to integrate our diversity, equity, and inclusion work across our entire organization.
o Crafting of press releases and media connections
o Experience utilizing email marketing platforms. Constant Contact is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
BACKGROUND CHECK: This position is subject to the successful completion of a background check / verification of educational credentials contained in resume.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
We encourage candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds, Black, Indigenous and People of Color, LGBTQIA2+ individuals, and unemployed persons to apply. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Junior Achievement North we aspire to find the best candidate for the job and someone who is committed to our mission and values. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Summary of Employee Benefits offered:
Junior Achievement North provided COVERAGE:
The following benefits are offered with 100% cost being paid by Junior Achievement North:
• Employee Life & Accidental Death Insurance
• Family and Medical Leave
The following benefits are offered to eligible staff members with Junior Achievement North contributing toward cost.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401k Retirement Plan with a generous Junior Achievement North contribution of 3%
The following benefits are offered to eligible staff members at their own cost.
• Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Long-term Disability
• 403b Retirement Plan
THE IMPORTANCE OF WORK/LIFE BALANCE:
At Junior Achievement North, we recognize the importance of work/life balance for our staff members, and we offer the following programs to support your work/life balance.
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Breaks:
o 1-week Fiscal Year End Break
o 2-week Calendar Year End Break
• Flexible Fridays during the Summer Months
• Technology Cost reimbursements