Full-time position with Adolfson and Petertson Construction in Golden Valley
Job posted February 15, 2023
About The Role
Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Communications Specialist for our business services team based out of Golden Valley. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients’ needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
This position will support Adolfson & Peterson Construction through internal, external and executive communications. This role will work closely with the Corporate Business Services team, including Human Resources and U.S. regional marketing leaders to maximize employee engagement and increase enterprise brand awareness in the marketplace. The Communications Specialist will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
* Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
* Support the management and implementation of AP corporate’s external media relations and PR efforts
* Coordinate and implement CEO visibility and thought leadership strategy at a national level with PR agency partners.
* Manage AP corporate media relations agency partnerships to elevate the AP brand and employee experience.
* Manage corporate PR and reputation strategy, while partnering with regional marketing leaders to coordinate overlapping market activity.
*Manage and administer the internal corporate communication function at AP.
*Develop and deploy CEO communications and associated graphics.
* Develop and deploy content for employee intranet.
* Support HR initiatives through high-quality communications and graphics.
* Oversee all enterprise-level internal communications channels, including management and continual improvement of existing employee channels, along with new platforms.
* Work alongside regional marketing leaders to effectively organize and execute internal national communications.
* Develop and manage board level and shareholder communications.
* Manage and support board and shareholder communication platform.
* Support operational and business crisis communication needs alongside internal teams and external agency partners, as assigned.
* Manage flow of internal graphics needs in partnership with Marketing teams.
* Partner with stakeholders in regional marketing, HR, IT, Field Operations, Legal and members of the executive leadership team to effectively activate key initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Business or related field of study and 4 or more years of business communications experience in a multi-site, national organization
* Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies. Experience with Microsoft Suite required; Constant Contact preferred
* Success developing employee and stakeholder communications
* Graphic design capability and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) required
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Creative thinker and writer with strong attention to detail
* Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities at once
* Experience working in a matrixed organization
* Prior experience in the construction industry preferred
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com