The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Copywriter opportunity within the Marketing, Insights and Communications department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
We’re looking for a creative and conceptual copywriter who lives and breathes advertising. You must be a whiz with words who can quickly take a boring copy block and turn it into smart, clever, engaging copy. And, it starts with your cover letter since we will consider that to be your first writing sample. Tell us who you are and why you want to work with us. Be clever and memorable — make sure that it stands out from the crowd. As a copywriter, you’ll be responsible for developing concepts, ideas and copy that will get noticed while staying true to the St. Thomas brand voice. As a copywriter working inside of MIC (Marketing, Insights, and Communications) at the university, you’ll be responsible for creating breakthrough creative that sets us apart from the competition. You will work hand in hand with an Art Director and receive assignments from an embedded marketer whose job it is to translate our campus partner’s communication goals into a compelling creative brief. You will be part of the creative team responsible for delivering remarkable communications that get St. Thomas noticed by our key audiences (prospective students and their families, other influencers, alumni, donors, etc)
- Attend kick off meetings for creative briefs. Ask questions to be sure the strategy is well articulated. Ensure there is consumer insight from which to write compelling copy.
- Develop fresh, innovative, compelling concepts in collaboration with an art director
on-time in a fast-paced, highly creative environment
- Write copy for various channels and touchpoints, including: digital, video, TV, print, radio, long-format and collateral.
- Write content for the website during the redesign process. Knowledge of SEO is a big plus.
- Develop a base level of knowledge across all areas of the University, including undergraduate admissions, Opus College of Business, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Education, and the School of Social Work.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Three to five years of professional copywriting experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Copywriting experience in an advertising or marketing firm
- Knowledge and experience with InDesign, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Fluent and experienced in writing for digital and traditional media
- Contribute to creative work from concept through production
- Portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual and copywriting skills, in a variety of industries
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer