Design Intern (Summer 2023)
Internship position with space150 in Minneapolis, MN
Job posted February 24, 2023
About The Role
space150 is a fiercely independent digital creative agency. We exist to put brands on the forefront of culture and technology, to help them keep up, get ahead and stand out. We destroy convention to create demand.
Summer Internship Dates: June 5 – August 25
What you may lack in experience, you make up for with your ambition. You have a head full of ideas and a heart full of courage. You see every assignment as an opportunity to showcase your considerable talent to make anything great.
***You must include your website / portfolio of work to be considered. Make sure to include any necessary passwords.***
As a Design Intern, you help develop breakthrough concepts and create visual solutions for our client’s brand experiences. You collaborate with more experienced creatives who will guide your work through execution and launch. What you lack in experience, you make up for with your drive. You have a head full of ideas and a heart full of courage. You see every assignment as an opportunity to showcase your considerable talent to make anything great.
* Works with more senior staff to ensure that creative exceeds space150 and clients’ expectations
* Alongside senior staff, you’ll concept and craft work that connects our clients to their customers.
* Imagines and implements designs according to creative direction from senior creative staff
* Designs mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks and storyboards under the direction of the project’s creative lead
* Expands personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques
* Begins to understand digital best practices
* Desire to learn and understand the production process (e.g. optimizing graphics, compression settings, file size and image optimization).
* 0 – 1 year of digital and/or graphic design experience
* Diverse creative portfolio
* Ability to understand different visual styles/tones using the latest creative software
* Curiosity for exploring new mediums and emerging trends in culture/tech
* Highly responsible, collaborative and self-motivated
* Ability to see opportunities and capitalize on them
* Work enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members
* Willingness to develop a clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in critiques and team meetings
* Ability to work full-time during core business hours (with flexibility)
* Will uphold our space150 values: ownership, attitude, and awareness
* Compensation: $20 / hour
* Work week: Monday – Friday; approximately 40 hours per week
* Hybrid work environment. Work from home, work from the office (Minneapolis or LA), work from space. Whatever works best for you works best for us!
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com