About The Role
At the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF), our mission is to connect passion with possibility, inspire generosity, and support greatness at the University of Minnesota by placing donors at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. UMF is a nonprofit organization responsible for raising and managing gifts to the University of Minnesota.
For more information about UMF, please visit https://give.umn.edu/about/about-umf.
About the role:
The Digital Marketing Specialist serves as a dedicated resource to the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) Marketing and Communications team, focused on Event-related digital marketing for University colleges and schools partnering with UMF. The person in this role is responsible for project management, email marketing, and digital content creation as part of the Digital Engagement team’s efforts to better engage U donors and event attendees. This position is responsible for fast-paced, digital initiatives that are scheduled and unscheduled, highly customized, and recurring marketing projects. The Digital Marketing Specialist serves as a tenacious project specialist who creates and maintain effective processes, builds relationships with partners, and executes strategic, branded, and compliant digital campaigns for U-wide event-related activities supporting U fundraising objectives, as well as the cultivation and stewardship of donors. UMF provides a hybrid work schedule with 2-3 days required in the office.
Starting Salary: $50,000- 55,000 based on experience.
What you’ll do:
Email marketing program management (60%)
• Follows established procedures and guidelines for email processes including but not limited to deadline management, intake, prioritization, timing, communication, approval, and execution.
• Create and oversee email applications, including but not limited to, coding, testing, troubleshooting, and developing and modifying specifications.
• Assist with long-term email analysis and preparation of detailed design specifications for system integration and upgrades.
• Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud and HTML to build, test, and send UMF email communications, some of which include photos, galleries, surveys, videos, or other interactive components.
• Maintain an organized digital file system for all email assets.
• Evaluate metrics to make recommendations for ongoing development, innovation, efficiencies, and enhancements based on results.
Project and Relationship management (30%)
• Contribute to digital communication projects for UMF Events including, but not limited to email marketing, social media, and digital strategy
• Execute email marketing calendar schedule management, content and asset management from partners, deadline enforcement, testing, review, and authorization processes.
• Work with UMF’s IT data team to help ensure U procedures and guidelines are followed.
• Establish and manage relationships with partners to facilitate efficient and effective email and web execution, including day-to-day communications and trouble-shooting.
• Adhere to UMF and U of M branding guidelines, working closely with UMF design and editorial services for copy and graphic elements in support of all digital marketing.
• Work with Foundation, University, and subject matter experts to recommend ways to improve digital marketing results and workflow processes.
Marketing support (10%)
• Be a single point of contact for the Events team and work with team members on the Digital Engagement team on web development builds related to Events.
• Update and maintain HTML and CSS in CMS templates.
• Work with Event and Digital Engagement partners on content and project plans for event-related social media.
Demonstrate commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an equitable and inclusive working and learning environment (exhibit 100% of the time)
We take care of you:
● Comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage; life insurance; retirement; long-term care insurance; and disability coverage.
● Come. Work. Stay. Play. The U of M is conveniently accessible by light rail, bus, and bike. And we offer discounted bus transportation through our “U-Pass” program.
● The University of Minnesota embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field OR a combination of related education and work experience in the areas of application/web/systems development to equal four years.
• Skills in with mass email systems, such as SMC, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.
• Skills in with HTML coding, inline CSS (i.e. creating tables, links, etc.), and alt text.
• Proficiency in building/deploying email campaigns, quality assurance, and reporting.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Demonstrated writing, communication, and proofing skills and self-drive in managing and executing marketing tasks.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to report complete vaccination against COVID-19 or submit documentation requesting a medical or religious exemption on their first day of employment. To learn more, please visit the University’s COVID-19 Response webpage.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online through the U of M Careers site. To submit your application, please follow this link: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/358761. If you have any difficulties or questions while applying feel free to contact Lucas Gangsei, Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.