Star Tribune has an exciting opportunity to join our Event Crew. This team will assist with a variety of Star Tribune owned and partnered events including: The State Fair, PRIDE, Music and Movies, and more! This is a temporary position with hours that vary based on events. The majority of events are scheduled June through September. Most shifts are 5 hours in length. $15.50 an hour.
– Assist with the preparations and execution of Star Tribune events including but not limited to: packing and organizing event materials, loading-in and out of event venues, etc.
– Travel to events and festivals around the state of Minnesota
– Manage event activations including:
– Set-up and tear-down of each event
– Effectively engage with guests at events
– Promote Star Tribune in a positive and energetic manner
– Assist with promotional contests and giveaways
– Ability to work nights and weekends, sometimes staying overnight at events or festivals, some daytime events are also available
– Customer service and event planning experience preferred
– Interested in marketing and event planning
– Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under deadlines
– A working, reliable vehicle is required to transport event materials