Increase awareness around Meals on Wheels and senior hunger issues in the Twin Cities by working with the Marketing and Development Director to execute and deliver the marketing strategy. This position is responsible for coordinating special events and fundraisers for the organization.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, annual meetings, volunteer appreciation events and fundraising events
- Serve as staff liaison to the planning committee for annual Meals on Wheels fundraising events. Recruit new members as necessary and manage committee timeline and goals.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Work closely with internal and external sources to define event goals, objectives, and processes that promote Meals on Wheels
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Serve as liaison to vendors on event-related matters and coordinate design and production of promotional materials
- Keep track of event budgets and finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps, participant feedback, and incorporate learning into future plans
Marketing & Communications - in collaboration with the Marketing and Development Director, manage the communications plan in alignment with the mission and brand identity for the organization
- Execute the strategy and budget for reaching clients, caregivers, volunteers and health care professionals
- Work directly with the member organizations (neighborhood Meals on Wheels programs) to identify marketing and outreach opportunities to attract both new clients and new volunteers
- Attend industry events as a representative of Meals on Wheels
- Assist with relevant communications including print materials, web communications and social media
Corporate & Community Engagement
- Identify novel partnerships that increase the visibility and understanding of Meals on Wheels
- Identify and promote cause marketing opportunities