Executive Director (hybrid)
Full-time position with ArtStart in St Paul
Job posted March 16, 2023
About The Role
ArtStart’s Executive Director creates and oversees the continuation or expansion of ArtStart’s arts educational programs and retail store. The Executive Director of ArtStart inspires trust within the organization and in the larger community through effective communication skills and informed decision-making. They report regularly to the board of directors and lead the organization’s staff, contractors, and consultants with confidence. They plan strategically to achieve goals and deadlines and to align activities with the mission of the organization.
The Executive Director engages the involvement of a variety of diverse stakeholders including the board of directors, staff, volunteers, consulting artists, funders, participants in ArtStart’s programs, partnering organizations such as schools and environmental groups, and the wider community.
ArtStart’s Executive Director fundraises from a variety of grant sources, individual donors, and earned revenue sources. Revenue sources may include fees from programs such as classes, art camps, community workshops, and special projects that involve youth and adults, plus earned income from the ArtScraps retail store, which deals in creative materials to be reused for art making.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• 3+ years experience in nonprofit strategic planning, organizational development, operations, and management.
• Proven track record of leadership in organizations, including experience hiring and supervising a range of personnel including staff, contractors, and consultants.
• Demonstrate success in securing funding from grants and individual donors.
• Experience or background in arts education acquired through at least one of the following: a bachelor’s degree, service as a teaching artist, management of arts education programs, or other related experience.
• Reach underserved groups through a passion for creative arts-based experiences that reveal each individual’s new or unexpected talents or interests.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of arts integration programming for youth and adults that combines the arts with environmental issues and stewardship.
• Engage youth and adults with diverse and varied life experiences, abilities, and identities such as BIPOC, LGBTQAI2+, and people living with disabilities.
• Communicate effectively in both written and verbal skills involving technical and persuasive communication for a variety of audiences.
• Develop and oversee evaluation of ArtStart’s impact in the community and adherence to the mission.
Annual salary range starting at $45,000
Hybrid work-from-home and in-office; some evenings and weekends required
Flexible scheduling, 20 days of PTO, 2 floating holidays, plus 10 paid holidays, HRA contribution
The mission of ArtStart is to inspire artistic creativity and illuminate the connections among people, ideas and the environment through engaging artists, children, families, and communities in quality arts education experiences.
Our core programs, based in Saint Paul, MN, include Artist Residencies, ArtScraps, ScrapMobile, and Children’s EcoArts Festival.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following materials in an email message to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your subject line “Your Name > Executive Director, ArtStart.” Applications are requested no later than April 15, 2023.
• Cover letter highlighting experience in fundraising, arts programming, and/or organizational leadership
• Work samples (e.g. grant applications, curriculum development, etc.)
• Salary request
If selected to interview, our process will likely include these steps…
• Phone call or virtual conversation with our search manager
• Virtual interview with our search committee
• Request to provide 3 references
• In-person visit to ArtScraps store and meeting with retail staff
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org