In-house Photographer/Videographer (contract-to-hire)
Do you get excited about finding creative ways to communicate through photo and video? Are you eager to work with a highly collaborative, fast-moving team? If you answered yes, then this might be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Madesmart® is looking for a contract-to-hire In-house Photographer/Videographer who is collaborative, creative, and has a strong passion for their work.
Based in Saint Paul, you will join our team of designers, engineers, finance, and operations to develop and pitch products to major retailers such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Wal-Mart, and Lowe’s. As Photographer/Videographer, you will partner very closely with Design, Marketing, and Sales to develop photo and video content that will communicate our brand and product worldwide. We are seeking someone to join our dynamic culture of exceptional problem solvers, creatives, and collaborators. We strive to create an environment where every day is challenging, fun, and rewarding.
Madesmart® is a women-owned™ housewares design company based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
In 1990, our founder and CEO, Devee Joy McNally, set off on a mission to bring ultimate peace and well-being to countless homes with the world’s first Junk Drawer Organizer®. Twenty-eight years later, this journey has led her down a road of endless possibilities with, now, over 1,000 life-changing household products on the market. With a grateful heart, Devee is proud to have a passion-oriented team who has shared her common vision of delivering organized harmony to the spaces people love.
Every day, madesmart® strives to instill heart and soul into the home organization category. With innovative designs, we create stylish and functional products that turn organizing into a rewarding experience. Our commitments to thorough research, testing, and development has formed invaluable trust in every home. At madesmart®, we take pride in what we do.
Visit our website at www.madesmart.com to discover more about our team, culture, and mission.
As Photographer/Videographer for madesmart®, you will be a major contributor to our brand, graphics, and marketing teams. With the goal of increasing our capabilities, growing our brand awareness, and creating more, better content to support our growing product assortment and marketing strategies, we are adding an In-house Photographer/Videographer to our team.
Note: This role is a three-month contract with high likelihood of a permanent position for the right fit.
- Collaborate with internal creative department, marketing, and styling team to create photo and video deliverables that communicate our brand and marketing goals and meet established deadlines.
- Partner with internal teams to establish processes with sales, marketing, and graphics to ensure that projects run smoothly and goals and deadlines are being met.
- Contribute to the creative development of projects from storyboarding, script writing, and brainstorming in order to transform ideas into dynamic visual content for photo-shoots, videos, social media content, and instructional videos.
- Work together to assess goals of a project and determine what blend of assets are needed, including research/management of set/equipment and implementation as needed.
- Stay up to date with trends and market standards, and demonstrate the ability to integrate them into video and photography.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while assessing multiple rounds of notes from a variety of stakeholders.
- Script and edit video in a way that increases shareability for social media outreach.
- Manage photo and video process from capture to final application.
- Manage a large and constantly growing library of assets and equipment.
- Research, get rights clearance, and gather footage, music, and other assets from internal and external sources for use in projects.
- Strong conceptual ability with knowledge of lighting, composition, camera/lens combinations, lighting, grip equipment, theory, and techniques of modern digital photography and cinematography
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Attention to detail (color correcting, audio, etc..) and understanding of how these details help communicate our brand and marketing goals
- Knowledgeable of best export/encoding practices for delivery across a wide range of channels: high-resolution still photography for print, video for broadcast, and optimized video and stills for social media
- Productivity-focused, extremely organized, and proven to be a quick problem solver
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-driven and able to easily communicate both creative ideas both externally and internally, and collaborate in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in photography, videography or related field
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the field
- Experience working in a commercial photography studio with a cross-disciplinary team, and on set with models, stylists, producers, etc.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates expertise and judgment in the applied photography techniques (composition, lighting, capture, and processing), as well as pre-production and post-production steps
Previous experience with studio and equipment sourcing and setup will be a major plus.
How to Apply
Submit a PDF (labeled with your name and Photographer-Videographer) to our search partner: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and a letter indicating your interest, applicable experience, and your portfolio link. Please mention your annual salary expectation separately in the email message.