About The Role
To Apply please email Resume and Cover Letter to Michael Wurth firstname.lastname@example.org
The BrandLab is a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in the Midwest with offices in Minneapolis, MN, Milwaukee, WI, and Kansas City, MO, introducing exciting training and connecting young people ages 15-25 to careers in the marketing and advertising industry.
Our offices are unique because each of our three locations resides inside a marketing or advertising agency. These agencies provide our team with office space, basic infrastructure, and support for The BrandLab for a minimum of one year to ensure The BrandLab is supported by a broad-based coalition and not only one agency. In addition, this unique approach to office space helps us create strong community support for our mission to benefit the industry and provides our team with a bright, lively work environment – that often hosts free food and lots of fun.
Since 2009, The BrandLab has worked towards creating a more equitable and inclusive industry. The BrandLab works to change the industry by introducing and connecting young people who identify as a person of color to opportunities in the creative and marketing space. Additionally, we work with the industry to create more inclusive and equitable work environments so individuals can feel a sense of belonging and thrive once they arrive.
We envision People of Color launching sustainable careers in workplaces of inclusivity and belonging.
To change the face and voice of the marketing and advertising industry.
Our core values are written as action words. We don’t believe in ‘culture fit’ but look for all team members to actively embrace and work to embody these values.
- BE AUTHENTIC – Foster a culture focused on relationships with our talent and team that are rooted in honesty, empathy, consistency, and passion.
- BE INCLUSIVE – Courageously commit to learning and unlearning that encourages and supports our team and talent.
- BE VISIONARY – Intentionally listen and learn to inspire the creative evolution of our work with our talent and team.
- BE A CATALYST – Create connections that cultivate the full potential of our talent and our team personally and professionally.
This position will report to the National Development Director and will be a critical member of the organization. The Marketing Coordinator will support the organization’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, and content marketing.This position will also support the Development Director in creating fundraising materials, campaigns, and donor communications.
General BrandLab Expectations
The BrandLab is a small non-profit organization with team members working throughout the Midwest, with dedicated office locations in , Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. We work together across cross-functional teams and team members are expected to assist with organizational-wide team needs including, but not limited to; supporting youth programs and events throughout the calendar year.
- Live out The BrandLab’s core values and be a person who works with a passion for youth, equity, and creativity.
- Responsible for contributing to the new vision for The BrandLab as we work to deliver a center-of-excellence programming model across the organization.
- Provide a high level of customer service for all employees and clients.
- Partner with the peers and the leadership team to facilitate transparency and accountability regarding successes, challenges, and opportunities.
- Have a high-level understanding of the organizational budget and support effective budget management.
- Assist with organizational-wide team needs including; supporting youth programs and participants throughout the calendar year.
The Marketing Coordinator will receive guidance, direction, and support from other team members to create marketing materials. This individual is an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, highly organized, and willing to put forth the energy to be part of something exceptional. Projects and duties include:
- Develop and Implement Marketing Strategies
○ Work with Development Director and CEO to create annual marketing and
communications plan that includes metrics, strategies, and activities to support the organization’s marketing.
- Branding & Messaging Creation and Oversight
○ Train new and current staff on the organizations brand guidelines, ensure consistency across the organization, and modify branding/messaging as needed.
○ Ensure external partners are abiding by The BrandLab’s brand guidelines and standards. ● Digital/Social Marketing
○ Manage and drive engagement for all digital/social marketing accounts including Mailchimp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
○ Manage The BrandLab’s website with content updates and design. WordPress experience preferred.
- Public Relations/Media Relations & General The BrandLab Inquiries
○ Handle initial inquiries and direct them to the responsible team member.
○ Contact and manage press contacts, releases, and other public-facing events and information.
- Content Creation & Storytelling
○ With the Development Director, create effective online campaigns that compel donors to give, volunteers to engage, partners to commit, and increase overall awareness of The BrandLab.
○ Create annual reports to share with stakeholders and funders.
○ Manage Give to the Max Day, Giving Tuesday and other fundraising page content. The BrandLab uses Givesmart to track donations and event attendees.
○ Assist with capturing photos and videos of program participants, volunteers, and staff. ● Event Marketing
○ With the Development Director and Event Coordinator, create event marketing plans and strategies.
○ Collaborate with creative partners to standardize a event-specific look and feel for each event.
○ Use each event’s look and feel to create event pages, sponsorship posts, and drive attendance through online platforms.
○ Use each event’s look and feel to create digital and physical event invitations. ○ Manage contact lists and complete large scale mailings to increase attendance. ○ Work with sponsorship partners to gain creative assets and approval of use. ● Community Engagement
○ Support program staff with youth-facing events by distributing invitations and event details.
○ Work with Events Coordinator to profile community events and The BrandLab’s overall impact.
○ Monitor and report on data analytics in relationship to marketing and communications. ○ Create annual systems to track these analytics and report on them monthly. ● Collaboration & Communication
○ Work across the organizaton to ensure staff have the needed communication materials to promote programs, recruit talented youth, and build partnerships with marketing and advertising agencies/corporations.
○ Work with staff to create a project management tracking tool to ensure workload is managed across locations.
- Customer Relationship Management
○ Track donations, pledges, partnership support in a organization wide database. ○ Create and send thank you letters to donors, foundation, partners, and volunteers. ○ Manage this process and system with the Event Coordinator, ensuring timelines are established and adhered to.
- Passionate about our mission of creating radical change.
- Passionate about building a more equitable creative workforce.
- This is a small non-profit, and the person in this role will need to be able to multitask, juggling several projects and prioritizing them effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- 1-4 years experience.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other similar design software
- Experience with WordPress is preferred
- Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and collaboration.
- A high degree of initiative and comfortable rolling up your sleeves to dig in.
- Strong partnership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Salary range of $45,000 – $55,000.
- Competitive benefits package (health benefits, HSA, options for dental coverage. Retirement plan with company matching)
- Flexible work schedule and time-off policy
- Flexible work location with a desk inside a fun, energetic advertising industry. ● Professional development opportunities
- The position is an exempt, full‐time position.
- The preferred location is anywhere in the Midwest, prioritizing Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin.