Junior Graphic Designer
Do you get excited about trends, products, and brand? Do want to see the results of your design at major retailers? Are you eager to work with a highly collaborative, fast-moving team? If you answered yes, then this might be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Madesmart® is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer who is collaborative, creative, and has a strong passion for their work.
Based in Saint Paul, you will join our team of designers, engineers, finance, and operations to develop and pitch products to major retailers such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Wal-Mart, and Lowe’s. As a Junior Graphic Designer, you will partner very closely with Design, Marketing, and Sales to develop print and digital materials that communicate our brand worldwide. We are seeking someone to join our dynamic culture of exceptional problem solvers, creatives, and collaborators. We strive to create an environment where every day is challenging, fun, and rewarding.
Madesmart® is a women-owned™ housewares design company based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
In 1990, our founder and CEO, Devee Joy McNally, set off on a mission to bring ultimate peace and well-being to countless homes with the world’s first Junk Drawer Organizer®. Twenty-eight years later, this journey has led her down a road of endless possibilities with, now, over 1,000 life-changing household products on the market. With a grateful heart, Devee is proud to have a passion-oriented team who has shared her common vision of delivering organized harmony to the spaces people love.
Every day, madesmart® strives to instill heart and soul into the home organization category. With innovative designs, we create stylish and functional products that turn organizing into a rewarding experience. Our commitment to thorough research, testing, and development has formed invaluable trust in every home. At madesmart®, we take pride in what we do.
Visit our website at www.madesmart.com to discover more about our team, culture, and mission.
- Design cost-efficient, high-impact packaging solutions for the madesmart® product line.
- Collaborate with CEO, Design, and Marketing teams in concept development and during execution stages of the packaging development process.
- Prepare press-ready files that can be easily understood by a third-party printer.
- Collaborate with marketing and design directors to create content for digital marketing, including photo and video work.
- Partner with the same team to keep our website inspiring and up to date.
Trend and Research:
- Maintain library of materials and examples.
- Stay up to date on graphic design and packaging trends to ensure the brand is positioned competitively.
- Create packaging mock-ups for client presentations.
- Collaborate with design and sales to generate visual representations of in-store merchandising.
- Work with major retailers and follow guidelines for private-label packaging and displays.
- Energetic and enthusiastic for your work
- Passionate about brand, which includes pushing the boundaries while still maintaining core elements
- A motivated self-starter and driver in projects, and a collaborator who can follow them through to completion with the team
- A dynamic communicator — both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and collaboratively during the creative process – staying open to feedback with willingness to shift directions as marketplace demands
- A solid team player, problem solver, and someone who can work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Interest and ability in photography and videography is highly preferred.
- A graduate in graphic design or related field
- A professional with 1-5 years of experience
- Have demonstrated, hands-on experience preparing a variety of consumer packaging concepts
- Proficient in Adobe Programs – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Some familiarity with PowerPoint for sales presentations and Wix for website updates
- Detail-oriented with exceptional project management skills
- Have a solid understanding of the printing process
- Strong sense of design, typography, and color, with understanding about how to use them effectively in retail environments with consumer goods
How to Apply
Submit a PDF (labeled with your name and Junior Graphic Designer) to our search partner: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and a letter indicating your interest, applicable experience, and your portfolio link. Please mention your salary expectation separately in the email message.