Marketing Automation Specialist
As the Marketing Automation Specialist, you bring your can-do attitude, organizational skills and attention-to-detail to increase the efficiency of our email marketing and commerce programs to serve our audience and business needs. Your responsibilities will include project coordination, assets management, audience segmentation, email production and campaign reporting.
You will be part of a team working to deepen our relationships with existing audiences across the MPR and APM portfolio. To do this, you must be curious, open to sharing ideas and eager to learn. You need a deep interest in the intersection of marketing and technology. And, you need to be at ease collaborating with content producers, business owners, marketing, creative, audience insights and technology to engage and serve our audiences.
At Minnesota Public Radio, we focus on audiences. We listen. We are leaders. We are inclusive. We act courageously. And, we build trust. Every day. Join us.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Support the timely and accurate deployment of APM and MPR email campaigns and the efficient operation of our commerce programs:
- Coordinate project, messaging and production calendars.
- Communicate day-to-day production schedule with content partners and email producers.
- Traffic assets, feedback and approvals.
- Proof and QA of all emails to ensure flawless execution across all major ISPs.
- Build, maintain and deploy email campaigns utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC).
- Implement and maintain data capture programs, e.g. forms and landing pages.
- Assist the Member Audience Services team in resolving email-related cases.
- Perform weekly/monthly/ad hoc channel/campaign performance reporting.
- Provide tier-one support for internal teams regarding email issues.
- Monitor and troubleshoot deliverability issues, including managing cases with ISPs.
- Stay current with best practices for inbox delivery and regulatory compliance, e.g. CAN-SPAM.
- Assist with special projects and perform administrative duties as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- A./B.S. degree in a marketing, communications, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of marketing equivalent experience
- Experience using ESP tools, such as ExactTarget/SFMC (preferred), Eloqua or Marketo
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Hands-on knowledge of email design (HTML, CSS) and production
- Must be curious and eager to learn, demonstrating openness to feedback and coaching.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, and understand when urgency is required
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Enthusiasm for our mission and portfolio of programs, products and services.
- Excellent written (English) communication skills and proofreading.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player and ability to work effectively with multiple cross-functional groups.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analyses skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience with demonstrated development and design experience (HTML, CSS, AMPscript)
- Basic experience with SQL
Reporting to This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Flexible schedule - to attend various events locally including some weekend or evening activities.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.