About The Role
Do you shine when creating concise, diverse content that engages a variety of audiences? Do you love social media? Come grow with us! INFRA is seeking a Marketing & Communications Specialist. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career as a member of our mission-driven team committed to creating a positive impact in the food industry.
INFRA is a cooperative association of more than 300 independently owned natural food retailers serving hundreds of communities in 45 states plus DC & Puerto Rico. Through collective buying power, operational support and exchange, events and education, and innovative marketing programs, we help member businesses thrive in step with their values and communities, a fast-changing industry, and the planet we share.
If you love improving brand recognition by creating content including social media, blogs, websites, and publications, we’d love to chat! You will play an integral role on our Marketing and Communications team, partnering with the INFRA team, owning social media, and partnering to deliver on our marketing strategy. Submit your resume and cover letter if this sounds like a job where you can shine:
What you will own and improve:
Social media planning and execution
• Own social media planning and execution using Hootsuite
• Use analytics to inform, improve, and optimize outcomes of social media plans and tactics
• Identify and execute marketing trends across social media platforms
• Grow INFRA’s B2B social media presence
• Support INFRA membership with B2C social media planning and execution
Publications planning, writing, and execution
• Support the INFRA brand by delivering publications that align with brand standards, voice, and tone
• Create and publish recurring monthly, quarterly, and other standard B2B publications
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve audience reach and engagement
• Create content for a variety of platforms, publications, and audiences using InDesign, Canva, and other design tools for copy and imagery
• Collaborate on content creation with internal INFRA partners
• Support the creation of B2C marketing campaigns and communications to members
• Maintain and support the creation of content within member and vendor engagement platforms (such as ART and the Member Portal)
• Execute all MarCom support requests through the ticketing system and queue, including creation, editing, and proofing
• Work with the full team as a “consultant” to best meet their MarCom needs while staying consistent in the INFRA brand
What you already know:
• 1-2 years experience in content creation, including social media, blogs, websites, and newsletters
• Degree in Marketing, English, or Communications (or additional 2 years equivalent experience in all job functions)
• Understanding audiences and tailoring a message dependent upon platform
• Proficient in business and creative writing, editing, and proofing
• Established working knowledge of B2B & B2C marketing
• A love of technology and demonstrated experience using digital platforms, i.e. CRM, surveys, social media, web conferencing products, or Adobe Creative Cloud
• Experience with all Microsoft Office products
• Ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects and deadlines while consistently delivering high quality results
• Ability to connect the dots as well as effective and curious critical thinking skills
• Ability to establish great working relationships and communicate effectively with any audience, including confident communication and presentation skills
• Proactive, iterative mindset with high value on continual improvement
What you will learn:
• How INFRA is driven by member needs and opportunities, aspiring to bring them to the forefront of innovation. We have a diverse membership with different sizes, needs, and cultures. You will learn how to communicate, teach, attract, and develop our retailers and their staff.
• The best topics to introduce to our varied audiences, the most engaging experiences, and how they retain knowledge from all of this to create a better retailer.
• How to effectively collaborate with your peers at INFRA with a spirit that reflects INFRA’s core values, including integrity, diversity, engagement, and transparency, along with others.
• How to apply your innate ability to connect the dots to create the best results for multiple stakeholder groups.
*Travel up to 5% is required for this position for industry tradeshows, team meetings and/or company meetings and events.
*This role is located in our St Paul, MN Headquarters as a part of our hybrid workforce, currently working in office at least 3+ days/week.
INFRA is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking result in stronger lives for all our members and the communities we serve. Research shows that systemically excluded communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities may be less confident in applying for positions where as little as one skill doesn’t appear to fit – we welcome your resume and encourage you to apply.
INFRA is a mission-driven organization that strongly believes in rightful living. We provide our employees with robust technology, collaboration, professional development, hybrid work options, flexible schedules, work-life balance, and time in person with our a tight-knit team and members. Each of us receives a full suite of employee benefits including time off & holidays; health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a health savings account; a 401(k) retirement plan; and more.