About Slam Academy
Slam Academy is a non-degree music academy specializing in electronic music. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive environment that welcomes students of all abilities and backgrounds. Courses offered include DJ Techniques, Ableton Live, Mixing and Mastering, Sound Design, and others. The company was founded in 2012 in Minneapolis and has had strong growth. Marketing efforts so far have been designed by the staff, but with the addition of our second campus in Denver, we have the ability to bring on a marketing expert.
This position is being created to coordinate Slam Academy’s marketing efforts across its Minneapolis, Denver, and Online campuses. This new position will be a senior-level position, responsible for all marketing direction and efforts presented by the company. We anticipate this position moving up to full time quickly.
Slam Academy, Chief Executive Officer
This position will be based out of our Northeast Minneapolis studio facility. Some degree of working from home or offsite can be accommodated.
Part-Time, 20-hours/week: 100% Administrative (0% Teaching)
- Recruit customers and students for Slam Academy classes via mass and social media.
- Create awareness of the Slam Academy brand nationally.
- Create strategic partnerships with area business, individuals, and influencers.
- Run regular data analytics on marketing campaigns
- Plan and Maintain marketing and project budgets.
- Seek out new opportunities for Slam Academy.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Track record of designing and implementing marketing initiatives at multiple levels
- Portfolio that demonstrates “outside of the box” ideas utilizing new media and innovative approaches.
- Social media metrics, data analysis, and advertising platforms. Skills/Qualifications:
- Developing Budgets
- Creative thinking
- Quality Management
- Interest in Electronic Music Production
Preferred additional skills:
- Web Design (WordPress)
- Quickbooks / Accounting
- Graphic Design
- Video and photo editing software
- 20 hours/week (flexible)
- 12 hour response time to emails on weekdays.
- Attendance at a weekly staff meeting (physical or virtual)
- Strong work ethic and professional discipline.
- Personable and welcoming to students and parents.