Full-time position with Pinky Swear Foundation in Edina
Job posted March 2, 2023
About The Role
At Pinky Swear Foundation, we believe that no family should have to face the devastating impact of childhood cancer alone. Our organization was founded on a simple promise – to be there for kids with cancer and their families. Today, that promise lives on through our mission to provide immediate financial and emotional support to children with cancer and their families.
Since our inception 20 years ago, we have been dedicated to helping families overcome the many challenges that come with a childhood cancer diagnosis. We understand the immense financial strain that families face during treatment, which is why we provide financial assistance for basic needs like rent, utilities, and groceries. But we also know that the emotional toll of cancer can be just as difficult to bear, which is why we offer a range of support programs designed to help families cope with the emotional challenges of childhood cancer.
Through our unique combination of financial and emotional support, Pinky Swear Foundation has helped countless families navigate the challenges of childhood cancer. We are committed to continuing this important work, and we are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us make a difference in the lives of children and families facing cancer.
Pinky Swear Foundation is currently searching for an energetic Marketing Manager who is a strong strategic thinker and an effective executor. This position will manage our local and national marketing programs, working closely with all members of the Pinky Swear team to meet overall growth, organizational revenue, and program goals. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing a comprehensive marketing, communications, and digital strategy. Keys to success in this position will be a deep commitment to our mission, a growth mindset, curiosity, an eye for detail, and the ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a cross-functional team, to deliver results.
In This Role, You Will
Marketing and Communications:
• Plan and implement marketing campaigns that support our fundraising, brand awareness, events, and program initiatives. Collaborating closely with the development team, leadership team, and others to help achieve fundraising and program goals.
• Utilize digital marketing strategies to create comprehensive fundraising campaigns year-round, including seasons such as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and year-end giving.
• Partner with vendors to design and create media for print and digital distribution, including – but not limited to – brochures, posters, Annual Reports, event programs, ads, and emails.
• Serves as main point of contact for creative service vendors and partners including managing requests from team members, workflows, and budgets for projects.
• Provide support for presentations for use at donor/stewardship meetings, corporate information sessions, and other outreach events.
• Manage social media calendar, content, and community to grow awareness, followers, and engagement.
• Manage content of our website. Partner with website vendor to make strategic improvements, request template and navigation revisions as necessary and report bugs.
• Work with vendors to create promotional videos and other video content. Liaise with our program recipients to coordinate their involvement.
• Manage the creation of regular stewardship newsletters, either in print or digitally, for our donors and volunteers.
• Manage the look and feel of the Edina office, ensuring the workspace design reflects Pinky Swear Foundation brand.
• Write press releases for events, partnerships, awards, etc.
• Work with local and national media outlets, as needed, and help with any other external public relations initiatives.
• Create and grow relationships with media outlets, reporters, journalists, and bloggers.
• Create, when appropriate, media kits to introduce and further an understanding of Pinky Swear Foundation and its mission with media outlets.
• Collaborate with team members to create and launch online surveys.
• Provide regular reports and analyses to Pinky Swear Foundation Leadership.
• Manage marketing partners and interns, as appropriate.
• Participate as an active team member and help volunteer at events.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Education and Professional Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
o 4-6 years of marketing experience.
o A proven track record of helping a non-profit meet fundraising goals in collaboration with an energetic team is preferred.
• Proficiency with:
o Website Management, preferably WordPress
o Current and emerging social media platforms
o Google Suite
o E-mail platforms
o MS Office
• Commitment to Pinky Swear Foundation’s mission, full of both head and heart.
• Creative, curious, energetic, and self-directed.
• Strong attention to detail with effective organizational skills.
• Willingness to handle both strategic and tactical projects.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and demonstrated success in managing different stakeholder needs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Highly experienced with editing and grammar.
• Innovative and open to new ideas.
• A strong team player who is comfortable in a growing, fluid, and entrepreneurial organization.
We are a hybrid working organization, and this job requires in-office work at least 3 days a week. Our office is located in Edina, MN. Fully remote work is not available.
Pinky Swear is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We provide comprehensive benefits and support a flexible working culture based on respect and trust. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have a career with meaning, please apply to join us!
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to HR@pinkyswear.org. All applicants will be sent a short questionnaire after emailing their documents to our HR inbox. Please submit your application by March 13, 2023.
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org