About The Role
At the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF), our mission is to connect passion with possibility, inspire generosity, and support greatness at the University of Minnesota by placing donors at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. UMF is a nonprofit organization responsible for raising and managing gifts to the University of Minnesota.
For more information about UMF, please visit https://give.umn.edu/about/about-umf.
About the role:
The Development Marketing team at the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) is responsible for the creation and curation of content that demonstrates the power of philanthropy and the impact of giving, as well as leading overall strategic planning for marketing initiatives that drive donor engagement. This includes publications, case statements, proposals, advertisements, cause marketing campaigns, events, and more in collaboration with our Foundation and University Partners.
The Marketing Operations Coordinator provides support and project management for the efforts of the UMF Development Marketing team. We are looking for a proactive and driven individual to support our team’s efforts in creating high-impact engagement opportunities and philanthropic materials aligned with UMF’s objectives. In this position, the individual will receive guidance and direction from others to perform work assignments, and coupled with their sound judgment they will be able to identify and escalate relevant issues. This individual is an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, highly organized, and willing to put forth the energy to be part of something exceptional.
What you’ll do:
Program and Project Coordination (50%)
• Maintain information and documentation for team processes, guides, templates, spreadsheets, calendars, and technology
• Support and project manage cross-functional efforts with partners such as monthly Marketing and Content Creators meetings as well as other cross-functional initiatives
• Explore and support new ways of cataloging the content we create, including tracking of content sharing and cross promotion
• Proactively oversee critical facets of projects and provide needed updates to manager, the project team, and other necessary parties to help ensure key initiatives are completed successfully and on time
• Act as point person for project management software and ensure projects are entered and tracked from intake through completion
Reporting and Information Management (30%)
• Track content performance and metrics for digital and print communications and paid advertisements
• Help research and identify new marketing opportunities for the Foundation to share messaging around the power of philanthropy
• Analyze data, identify trends, and assist in making recommendations for continued improvement of marketing content and campaigns
• Coordinate, track, and record invoices and vendor payments
Partner Collaboration (20%)
• Support cross-functional efforts, including cause marketing initiatives, by helping to coordinate the use and deployment of appropriate content under the guidance of the Marketing Directors
• Project manage content support for the various system campuses
• Coordinate support for Medicine and Health and M Health Fairview collaboration
Demonstrate commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an equitable and inclusive working and learning environment (exhibit 100% of the time)
We take care of you:
● Comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage; life insurance; retirement; long-term care insurance; and disability coverage.
● Come. Work. Stay. Play. The U of M is conveniently accessible by light rail, bus, and bike. And we offer discounted bus transportation through our “U-Pass” program.
● The University of Minnesota embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
• Bachelor’s degree OR a combination of education and relevant experience in project management, marketing, communications, or a similar field to equal four years
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines and pivot when time-sensitive work takes priority
• Proven record of problem solving and successfully completing complex projects
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and/or the Google Suite including presentation and spreadsheet software
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to report complete vaccination against COVID-19 or submit documentation requesting a medical or religious exemption on their first day of employment. To learn more, please visit the University’s COVID-19 Response webpage.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online through the U of M Careers site. To submit your application, please follow this link: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/357288. If you have any difficulties or questions while applying feel free to contact Andrew Hanson, Sr. Hr Generalist, at email@example.com.