About The Role
Are you data-driven? Do you love discovering untapped sources for traditional & digital advertising? Then Woodruff might be looking for someone just like you to become our next paid media strategist. As an employee-owner, you’ll be a part of creating a culture that delivers extraordinary results and measurements for our clients. Candidates should be thorough and decisive, analytical, open-minded, forward-thinking, communicative, and team-oriented with strong leadership capabilities.
This role will be a key resource throughout Woodruff while working closely with our strategy, digital, social and other teams. The ideal candidate will have agency experience on both the traditional direct-placement media planning and buying side as well as digital media planning and buying via demand-side platforms. The paid media team will be responsible for planning, creating, managing, and optimizing various pay-per-click, CPM and demand-side platforms. By utilizing dashboards, analyzing patterns, usage and trends, and problem-solving, this person will collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide learnings and make real-time adjustments.
This person could be located in Kansas City, MO; Columbia, MO office; or remote.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a paid media strategist, you will be responsible for developing a paid cross-channel strategy that spans traditional and digital media. Your primary responsibilities fall within three buckets. Some of the core responsibilities include:
● You will be responsible for media planning and strategy. This will include working with clients and internal team members to develop a digital and traditional (approximately 90% digital/10% traditional) campaign strategy based on research and client requirements.
● You will be responsible for developing scopes of work, allocating budgets, setting timelines, facilitating creative development and leading your team to launch campaigns on time.
● You will lead your team to execute a variety of campaigns across Google, Bing, StackAdapt and a variety of social media platforms, as well as direct placements with partner publishers.
● You will work with internal team members to collect, analyze, and report on campaign performance and/or opportunities to clients and internal leadership.
● Your team will be responsible for accurate budget pacing, purchase order management, and developing a pricing framework for potential new client scoping.
As a leader of this department will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
● resource allocation, policy development & enforcement, one-on-ones with direct reports and performance reviews
● job description creation & interviewing, new-hire onboarding, goal setting and professional development planning
● standard operation procedure development, best practice creation, as well as working with project management to develop workflows and timing
● cross-department training through lunch & learns
● scope, revenue and expense tracking
● developing paid media case studies
Knowledge and Skills:
● strong verbal and written communication skills
● organized and detail-oriented
● time management
● analytical and critical thinker
● qualitative storyteller
How leaders act on a daily basis as they seek to implement the company’s vision and strategic priorities, strive to fulfill the brand promise and live up to the values. Everyone can be a leader.
• open-minded and active listener
• continually grows people and business
• truthful and transparent
• decisive and accountable
• proactive and communicates in a positive manner
● 5+ years of paid media experience
● 2 years min. of traditional (non-digital) media planning/buying experience
● 2+ years min of digital advertising experience
● Google Ads certification preferred
● Google Analytics certification preferred