PERSONALIZATION & DIGITAL ANALYST PR
About Blue Cross
Founded in 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is the largest health plan in the state. We have more members, the largest network of providers and more products and services than any other plan in Minnesota. From the beginning, Blue Cross has been an innovator with a mission of making a healthy difference in people’s lives.
We understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy — at a company that shares your values. We’ve made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
The Personalization Data Analyst Principal role will report to the Manager, Consumer Experience & Insights and will help to establish a digital measurement capability, will lead our consumer segmentation strategy and will assist in bringing our consumer personalization vision to life.
The ideal candidate is someone with impeccable web and digital analysis chops, who is an independent problem-solver and able to thrive in ambiguous and matrixed business environments. This opportunity requires someone who has fluency in SQL and has enough experience with Google Tag Manager and solutioning within java-script to independently diagnose data quality issues, when they arise.
It is critical that candidates for this role have a demonstrated track record of applying consumer centric thinking and empathy building to digital experience development.
- Consumer segmentation strategist and owner of the consumer data investment that supports it.
- Manages annual consumer data updates and works to improve/evolve the segmentation assets to improve organizational understanding and adoption.
- Lead Marketing and Digital data steward
- Accountable for the execution of data quality and data accuracy processes across marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for defining standards and best practices for data analysis, modeling, and queries for marketing and digital campaigns.
- Accountable for the performance, and alignment to requirements for all data query design and development.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a data dictionary that is aligned to data assets used by marketing & digital groups. This includes defining and maintaining the data landscape including overlays with the technology landscape, end-to-end data flows/transformations and data lineage.
- Partners with the information governance team to ensure solutions adhere to the organization’s data principles and guidelines.
- Leads the strategy and execution of a digital data operations capability for Blue Cross MN.
- Configure web traffic and click-stream data to inform analysis and drive action: Recognize patterns and trends to understand visitor behavior and key user-journeys and identify opportunities to improve task accomplishment and overall usability.
- Reporting: Create, maintain, and interpret dashboards and reports for our digital and mobile channels including long-term traffic trends, customer journey insights, product and/or page performance, new vs existing customer and online customer engagement, and audience segments including platforms and devices.
- Data Integrity, Accuracy & Tagging Strategy: Responsible for web traffic and clickstream data via the continual monitoring, assessment, and auditing of site and program tags. Recommend needed changes to tagging to improve current and future insights as part of projects and ongoing optimization.
- Measurement planning: Develop and present recommended measurement plans to cross-functional partners. Set KPIs and develop plans that align with client business objectives. Act as a key partner throughout various digital project lifecycles consulting on success metrics and insights to shape project outcome and iterative improvements.
- Testing: Assist with the ideation, development, execution, and analysis of A/B and multivariate tests aimed at increasing website engagement and conversion.
- Demonstrates a Platform Marketing mindset:
- Able to bring an informed point of view to strategic discussions about evolving our tech stack towards enhanced digital intelligence and real-time interaction management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or quantitative analytic field (Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Digital Marketing, Statistics, Economics, etc). (Masters preferred)
- Experience may have been gained concurrently and must include:
- 7 years of experience in advanced analytics focused in consumer segmentation, personalization or web analytics and optimization.
- 3 years of experience programming SAS and SQL in a business setting.
- 3 years of experience in marketing campaign analytics, measurement, and reporting.
- 3 years working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Adobe Reporting & Analytics, Google Analytics, ClickTracks, WebTrends, CoreMetrics etc.
- 3 years of experience with data visualization using Tableau and/or SSRS or similar tools.
- 3 years of direct experience managing data integrity, accuracy and conducting site tag audits across multiple web domains.
- 2 years of experience leading improvement through advanced digital analytics methodologies, such as site optimization (A/B testing), personalization or multi-channel attribution.
- Technically fearless, driven self-learner, curious and savvy with web data and can tell a change-driven story.
- Strong project-management and client-service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven individual, comfortable with ambiguity, interested in shaping a new team and function.
- Experience building, testing, deploying predictive and machine learning solutions.
- Experience with optimization platforms like Acquia Lift, Adobe Test + Target or Optimizely.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Tealium or other similar tagging product.
- Deep understanding of Marketing Platforms solutions and service offerings.
- An informed point of view on consumer segmentation, Net Promoter Score and how to leverage personalization within the Healthcare Industry to improve consumer experiences.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.