Pollen Studio Manager
Why this position matters:
At the heart of this role lives a passion for bringing the power of stories, meaningful design, and experiential engagement activities to organizations on the front lines of social change.
The Pollen Studio Manager will touch every part of Pollen Studio from assisting with bringing in new projects, overseeing all project management, ensuring we’re exceeding client expectations, working directly with our entire Pollen team to coordinate direction, feedback, and maintaining strong relationships with our client partner organizations. As the heartbeat of Pollen Studio, you will work closely with the Executive Director to continue to build, define, and grow Pollen Studio as a key mission-delivering and revenue-generating program for Pollen.
What you’re great at:
- Building relationships: Getting to know Pollen’s coworkers, clients, partners, and freelancers brings you joy. You know that human connection, personableness, and empathy is key. You’re comfortable in an open office environment that is built on creative collaboration.
- Project management: Keeping complex projects running smoothly and on budget is your happy place. Not only are you good at managing timelines, budgets, and files, but you’re also great at consistently communicating updates with team members and clients.
- Communication: People regularly compliment you on your incredible email skills. You enjoy staying on top of communications whether through casual coffee meetings, quick phone calls, or lots of emailing! You’re also comfortable leading and facilitating big or small client-facing meetings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage new business inquiries: Assist with securing new business projects, including managing new business inquiries, attending pitch meetings, preparing for pitch meetings, assisting with follow ups, developing proposals, and creating scopes of work. You will have a comfort with finances and numbers in not only creating/managing budgets, but also overseeing the sales forecast for all pipeline projects.
- Oversee active projects: In this position, you will actively manage a $500,000 client portfolio consisting of 5-15 active projects at a time. You will serve as the primary point of contact with all Pollen Studio clients, managing budgets, timelines, contracts, payments for freelancers, file management, and feedback between clients and the Pollen team. Once a project completes, you will lead a debrief and celebration with the client and then manage the process for capturing Pollen Studio case studies.
- Champion Pollen Studio’s services: You’ll be the internal and external advocate for championing and marketing Pollen Studio’s services and projects. Pollen has a decentralized marketing/communications department, meaning we all contribute. This position would be responsible for contributing to sharing stories related to Pollen Studio across our social platforms, enewsletters, and speaking engagements (p.s. content creation is collaborative at Pollen—you will have access to design and writing support).
- Improve our process: You’ll bring the value of your expertise around process to Pollen Studio and work with our creative teams to improve and formalize our methodologies from proposal phase, kickoff, to project completion. From a technology perspective, we currently use Monday to track deliverables and deadlines for projects, Salesforce for our CRM, HelloSign for contracts, QuickBooks for invoices, and Google Drive for file storage.