About The Role
Wanted: Senior Art Director
Experienced. Responsive. Creative. That’s PLDG. Bring your vision, insights, and love of design to PLDG’s growing team! A creative agency in its own class, PLDG elevates some of the best-known global brands. Help us continue to grow while delivering work that drives and excites you as a Senior Art Director. This position will tap into your health care acumen and experience working with large brands as well as your adept use of leading-edge media in B2B, B2E, and B2C marketing campaigns. Collaborate with a team of smart, creative talent at an organization that values a work/life balance as much as you do, and gain the respect, recognition, and independence you deserve.
As a Senior Art Director, you will be key in helping to pitch, present, and lead high-profile projects and multi-channel campaigns, working alongside our Creative Director. Your role is to establish conceptual and stylistic direction for design concepts and campaigns for multiple accounts. Assignments include print, digital, experiential, and social for a wide range of audiences. You will also have an opportunity to collaborate on a variety of campaigns with other art directors, writers, and production pros. This role is instrumental in guiding marketing efforts with other key staff and supporting business development opportunities.
The Senior Art Director is an experienced creator and thinker who provides both strategic and conceptual thinking while inspiring our team toward innovative ideas and solutions for our clients.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to think outside the box and deliver “big ideas” that help our clients succeed.
• Knowledge of digital trends, insights, and best practices.
• Experience with strategy, planning, and messaging frameworks for large-scale campaigns.
• Deep understanding of brand strategy and standards guidelines.
• Ability to design for a wide range of audiences, including employee engagement, B2B, B2C, etc.
• Expertise to quickly grasp and distill highly technical communications.
• Collaborates with the writing team to ensure projects are on-brief.
• Helps creative teams overcome obstacles and works closely with the Creative Director to offer creative solutions.
• Organized, self-directed, and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• 10+ years of industry experience; agency-side only.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Preferred qualities: assertive, energetic, accountable, active listener, approachable.
Our team culture values integrity, accuracy, high quality, a strong work ethic, and collaboration.
ENJOY EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Compensation: excellent; competitive with industry standard and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
• Hybrid working location plan, 3 days/week in office. Orientation requires 4–5 days in office.
• Fringe benefits, insurance: health (70% employee, 50% family), dental (100% employee, 50% family), long-term disability, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program, and 401(k) plan.
• PTO + paid closures: In addition to PTO and vacation, PLDG is closed the last week of the year, which is paid after one-year tenure.
• Summer hours: We log off at 1 p.m. on Fridays (Memorial Day through Labor Day).
• Flexibility and balanced work life to fit your needs.
PLDG is a strategic design agency that brings powerful ideas to life. Our versatile and talented team has a strong history of delivering award-winning results. Come invent with us on the historic Mississippi riverfront in Northeast Minneapolis, voted Best Arts District in America. Our specialties include strategy, content, brand identity, and design for digital and print communications, motion, and experiential. PLDG contributes generously to community nonprofits. We are a longstanding member of AIGA, the professional association for design. More than 60% of the PLDG team has worked here for more than eight years, with 40% having worked here for 14+ years! Learn more at pldg.com.
HOW TO APPLY
CONTACT US NOW: This rare opening will fill quickly!
Please email your cover letter with salary confirmation, résumé, and work samples* to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, SrAD > PLDG.”
In your letter, include your goals and professional aspirations.
*Additionally provide a PDF or portfolio link with your work samples featuring design and branding for B2B or B2C corporate clients, including health care. Examples could include marketing campaigns, corporate reports, product brochures, corporate identity, client presentations, infographics, photography or video art direction, trade show materials, and digital and interactive work: websites, interactive PDFs, emails, social, and digital ads.
If selected to interview, our process will likely include…
• Virtual conversation with our search manager
• Virtual or in-person interview with our President and Founder / Chief Executive Artist
• In-person group interview with creative, account, and content leaders
• In-person group interview with additional design and writing colleagues
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!