Full-time position with Woodruff in Kansas City, Columbia, MO, or remote
Job posted March 20, 2023
About The Role
A senior copywriter at Woodruff has a proven track record for conceptual thinking and skilled copywriting that connects with people and helps clients achieve their goals—whether it’s building their brand, educating or moving product. The senior copywriter has the ability to become the voice for their clients, which requires a deep understanding of their business, their culture, their audiences and the competitive landscape.
Comfortable and confident in their writing across all mediums, including all forms of print and digital, the senior copywriter can take on the most challenging creative brief and deliver unexpected and on-strategy solutions that drive extraordinary outcomes for their clients.
This role requires self-assurance and excellent communication and presentation skills. Working alongside art directors, developers, designers and additional team members, senior copywriters must be keen team players and self-sufficient multi-taskers, ready to mentor and coach less experienced team members.
To be considered for this position, please provide us with your portfolio link on your resume or cover letter.
This person could be located in Kansas City, MO; Columbia, MO; or remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develops creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the art director
– Writes clear, persuasive, original copy
– A solid knowledge of the digital landscape and performance writing
– Presents ideas to colleagues and clients
– Oversees campaigns through the production stage to completion
– Develops in-depth knowledge of clients’ products and services, target audiences and competitors’ activities
– Skilled multi-tasker, with the ability to work on several things at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines
– Keeps up to date with industry trends and developments and popular culture
– Mentors copywriters and junior copywriters
Knowledge and Skills:
– A proven ability to work collaboratively and inspire others
– Significant experience in professional, commercial writing
– A strong record in creating original, insightful and persuasive copy
– The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
– A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
– Excellent communication skills
– Effective team management capabilities
– A keen attention to detail and timescales
– Familiarity with creative processes and techniques, including all forms of digital media
– Ability to build rapport with clients and nurture good working relationships
– Curiosity to learn new things and willingness to continually refine their craft
How leaders act on a daily basis as they seek to implement the company’s vision and strategic priorities, strive to fulfill the brand promise and live up to our core value. Everyone can be a leader.
– Open-minded and active listener
– Continually grows people and business
– Truthful and transparent
– Decisive, accountable and proactive
– Forward thinking
– Communicates in a positive manner
5+ years’ experience in advertising copywriting. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related communications field. SEO certification is a bonus.
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com