Full-time position with Colle McVoy in Minneapolis, MN
Job posted January 5, 2023
About The Role
Colle McVoy leads brands to their next. We combine purpose, innovation and experience in new ways to give businesses a competitive advantage, because brands that set the bar win. To help fulfill this mission, we need talent deeply rooted in the marketing strategies and techniques of now paired with the burning curiosity and courage to shape what’s next. We nurture a creatively driven, award-winning culture that’s all about empowered entrepreneurship – where people can be the inspired, energized, authentic individuals they are, while embracing opportunities to push themselves and the work. We believe we have a responsibility to our employees, clients, community and the environment to not only act with integrity in everything we do, but to use our expertise as a force for good to benefit all people, communities and the planet. We welcome applicants seeking meaningful careers that never stop evolving and who share our values of passion, partnership, integrity and courage.
As a Senior Copywriter at Colle McVoy, you’ll be responsible for delivering brand-building, big ideas, putting your gift of the written word to work across mediums. You’ll spend a lot of time with an art director or designer dreaming up ridiculously big ideas. Once you and your visual friend strike gold, you’ll be responsible for bringing your big idea to life. That usually means you’ll be on production to deliver TV/video, digital and social content, out of home, experiential and more. You’ll probably even get to travel and eat a nice meal or two in the process. So, if you’d like to work for an agency that has a sweet rooftop deck overlooking downtown, a tap server and has been named a Best Place to Work consecutively for twelve years, then show us what you’ve got.
– Develop creative concepts and copy for a wide range of initiatives
– Work with team members specializing in design/art direction to ensure copy and visuals work together
– Establish tone and copy style to appropriately reflect brand positioning
– Present ideas and work effectively to internal teams and clients
– Cross-functional thinker (social, advertising, experiential, PR/earned media)
– Remain current on industry trends and technology
– Attend and contribute to pre- and post-productions, as necessary
– A self-starter who needs little direction to tackle assignments
– Stellar ability to distill brand and project strategies into simple, compelling ideas
– Adept at various forms of writing (TV scripts, taglines, headlines, social concepts, etc.)
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite a plus
– Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
– Work collaboratively in an environment that values innovation, flexibility, and creativity
– Five or more years of agency or relevant experience in creative advertising writing
– Online portfolio of award-winning work that demonstrates a range of ideas from social to print, broadcast and beyond
– Ability to travel as needed
About Colle McVoy:
Colle McVoy is a full-service creative agency that leads brands to their next. We combine purpose, innovation and experience in new ways to give businesses a competitive advantage. We bring this approach to a diverse collection of client partners, including 3M, AccuWeather, AGCO, Associated Bank, Blu Dot, Burnett Dairy, Capital One, CHS, Children’s Health, Cub Cadet, Deluxe Corporation, Elanco, Florida’s Natural, Goodyear, Houston White, Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism, Medtronic, Northern Tool + Equipment, Perdue, the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation, Target, UnitedHealth Group, U.S. Bank, Vermont Creamery, Whirlpool, Yelloh (formerly Schwan’s Home Delivery) and Zoetis, among others. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Colle McVoy has been named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age, Outside magazine and the Star Tribune. For more information, visit collemcvoy.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com