Senior Digital Communications Manager
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Senior Digital Communications Manager – St. Paul, MN
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
The Senior Digital Communications Manager is a super-savvy, all-around creative and unstoppable content-producing thought leader who will be responsible for developing and implementing social strategy for all facets of the organization and working cross departmentally to advise teams on digital campaigns. The ideal candidate will possess an innate sense of what works in digital communications, and the analytical desire to back intuition up with data.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate, plan, develop and implement strategies selected to broaden the organization’s digital presence and base of support through issue education, advocacy campaigns, marketing initiatives, and broader communications needs
- Lead and advise other departments in the development of digital strategies to drive patient recruitment, political engagement, and fundraising initiatives; Direct departments in best practices in digital communications and segmentation, including developing guidelines and processes for other channel owners
- Utilize independent discretion in curating, writing, and developing content for digital channels—including social media, email, websites, and more—applying our brand voice throughout
- Seek out and identify opportunities to develop timely content that will resonate and engage digital audiences; work across departments to source and guide content creation
- Identify and react to external events and assess the need for strategic changes with content distribution
- Develop integrated campaigns to support digital fundraising, organizing, and marketing initiatives
- Develop and maintain a digital editorial calendar in support of departmental goals and plan, manage, and execute all social media programs across multiple platforms
- Establish key performance indicators for digital strategies and utilize analytics to ensure that content resonates and engages patients, supporters, and donors
- Expand and build on current social strategies for patient outreach and retention while exploring and developing new strategies for successful promotion of PPNCS services
- Serve as the key manager and principle brand voice for PPNCS digital platforms engaging with tens of thousands of supporters, multiple times a day
- Lead the analysis and measurement of the social media and digital outreach work, making shifts in strategy to address learnings
- Serve as the webmaster for designated c3 portions of the website and c4 sites and drive content development strategy, user experience optimization; lead any redesign initiatives
- Work with key departments to optimize key organizational areas on the ppncs.org site; Utilize best practices in UX and SEO across all digital properties
- Guide public affairs and Action Fund staff to manage content and tone of individual state websites, social media, and assist with content creation and overall site management
- Select and develop digital strategies to amplify public affairs and marketing outreach work
- Conform with and abide by the compliance programs and objectives
Please apply through our website HERE.