Social Media Manager – ReConnect Rondo
Freelance / Contract / Temporary position with ReConnect Rondo in Minneapolis - Hybrid work environment
Job posted May 2, 2023
About The Role
Social Media Marketing Manager – ReConnect Rondo
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ReConnect Rondo is leading a nationally-recognized effort to revitalize an historic Black community divided by Interstate I-94 through a land bridge that will serve as a catalyst to reignite a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in St. Paul, MN. As a community-based non-profit organization, RCR is spearheading a restorative development movement whose mission is to lead the effort to revitalize the Rondo community with a land bridge that reconnects Rondo and reignites a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in St. Paul. It will accomplish this by engaging Minnesota leaders, social service organizations, schools, local businesses, and residents of the Rondo community to plan, develop, and self-manage a Rondo asset that supports a thriving community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Social Media Manager will join ReConnect Rondo’s Marketing Communications team and be primarily responsible for managing its social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This individual will work to ensure that our digital platforms are cohesive, on-message and fully contribute to RCR’s organizational goals.
– Design and implement ReConnect Rondo’s social media strategy to align with its community and influencer outreach goals.
– Generate, edit, publish and share consistently engaging content daily, including original text, photos, videos and news coverage driving the key messages around ReConnect Rondo.
– Create and publish the majority of micro-content with drive, independence and timeliness, with a diligence for both advocacy and technical accuracy, storytelling and calls-to-action assuring target relevance.
– Create a strong and appropriate presence for RCR within outside media platforms and their public comments sections to bolster the positive angles of the land bridge project and to stem negative comments deriding it.
– Elevate social media engagement through our community of followers and maintain a rapid response to queries.
– Collaborate with other teams and work under the direction of the Marketing Communications Director to establish a sustainable and consistent social media strategy and implementation plan that meets stated communication goals.
– Spearhead digital content development execution, from concept to delivery, working with the brand marketing agency and other partners to create a consistent flow of engaging and interesting digital content.
– Harness RCR’s ecosystem of allies, ambassadors, and subject matter experts to leverage their expertise and audience reach to grow and deepen the movement’s credibility, effectiveness, community and opinion-leader impact.
– Translate RCR’s marketing efforts into weekly/monthly social engagement campaigns that expand audience reach and steadily lift engagement, not just one-off daily executions.
– Manage and report social media listening through all channels and enhance a listen-learn-scale approach to proactively shaping the social media program to ReConnect Rondo’s benefit.
– Serve as the administrator of RCR’s digital accounts across all platforms, stay abreast of changes to technology and capabilities, and ensure the organization’s profiles are dynamic and up to date.
– Provide Insight Reports: data and analytics, content interactions, demographics, reach, profile activity, impressions, comments, saves, shares, Ad Taps, goal tracking, and other appropriate measurements of SMM progress.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
– Proven work experience with a minimum of 3 or more years as a social media manager.
– Hands-on experience in content management.
– Excellent copywriting skills.
– Ability to deliver creative content through text, image and video.
– Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
– Extensive knowledge of online marketing channels.
– Expertise with paid media social media campaigns.
– Experience with creating social-first content including memes, gifs and short videos.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Experience working in or representing an advocacy organization(s).
– BS degree in marketing preferred.
– This is a freelance contract or micro-agency opportunity.
– Estimated 100 hours per month
– Pay range: $50 to $75 per hour based on SMM experience.
– Contract is reviewed quarterly
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2023.
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com