Social Media + Marketing Internship
The Real Coconut Products Co. is a packaged foods company with its headquarters in Los Angeles, CA and its operations office in Minneapolis, MN. The company and its product line take inspiration from Daniella Hunter and The Real Coconut restaurant in Tulum, Mexico (@sanaratulum – check it out!) . All the menu items in the restaurant and the resulting packaged food products are dedicated to digestive health and are free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugars.
With current distribution in over 2,000 stores nationwide, we currently make coconut flour tortillas and tortilla chips as well as plantain flour cookies. The Real Coconut is widely recognized as an innovator and industry leader in the use of alternative flours and is poised to continue the expansion of its product portfolio and market reach.
The Real Coconut is seeking a part time summer intern to assist our marketing team, working across our organic social media accounts and influencer program. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small team of nimble, innovative, wellness-minded people where you will play a key role in developing our foundational digital marketing strategy.
- Own social media content calendar- brainstorm, concept, and execute daily social media posts and stories to align with marketing priorities
- Be involved in the content creation process in regards to photographing products and recipes – bonus if you have your own camera!
- Coordinate influencer engagement and initiate conversations with like-minded brands/ people
- Respond to comments and questions across social channels
- Assist in planning experiential marketing events
- Create influential digital marketing material
- Think creatively and contribute to an emerging cpg at the forefront of grain free products!
- Junior or senior pursuing a bachelors degree in communications, marketing, business or a similar field
- Available 2-4 days/ week in the Twin Cities with option for remote work
- Excellent writing skills
- Highly creative with experience in design or digital
- Aware of the latest social + digital marketing trends and platform changes
- Interest in wellness and passion for the Natural + Organic foods industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and adapt as priorities develop