Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2023)
Internship position with space150 in Minneapolis, MN
Job posted February 24, 2023
About The Role
space150 is a fiercely independent digital creative agency. We exist to put brands on the forefront of culture and technology, to help them keep up, get ahead and stand out. We destroy convention to create demand.
Summer Internship Dates: June 5 – August 25
What you may lack in experience, you make up for with your ambition. You have a head full of ideas and a heart full of courage. You see every assignment as an opportunity to showcase your considerable talent to make anything great.
As an Engineering Intern, you are the bridge between creative design and a functional experience; a fundamental role. You are curious, learning new trends in development and working to increase your skill set in addition to the team’s. We specialize in combining the physical and digital worlds through interactive experiences ranging from web applications to immersive installations. What matters is that we are supporting great ideas through technology.
* Experience with React is a huge plus. space150 heavily uses React in our web builds.
* Experience with Content Management Systems a plus, overall concepts and direct WordPress experience (Theme and/or Headless)
* Experience implementing 3rd party API’s
* Functions as a developer on one or several projects at a time. May be supporting another Engineer.
* Collaborates and reviews code with peers to ensure projects will be maintainable and performant.
* Ensures that code developed has been thoroughly tested by the engineer before handing off to Quality Assurance.
* Collaboratively audits and provides feedback for interface designs. Ensures that designs are appropriate with current development standards and within the technical scope of projects.
* Ensures that projects are developed to achieve precise alignment with creative design and user experience design specifications
* May partner with Senior Software Engineers to estimate and produce development stories
* 0 – 1 year of software engineering experience
* In pursuit of degree in technical education, computer science or equivalent work experience
* Demonstrates a history of interest and passion in software engineering
* Ability to react positively to fast changes and requests
* Keen eye for design. Ability to develop sites in respect to the creative design
* Creates a positive attitude when working with legacy code and/or projects
* Proactively shares relevant technical and industry information across space150
* Sees opportunities and capitalizes on them
* Honest with a high degree of integrity
* Highly responsible, collaborative and self-motivated
* Works enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members
* Ability to work full-time during core business hours (with flexibility)
* Uphold our space150 values: ownership, attitude, and awareness
* $20 / hour
* Work week: Monday – Friday; approximately 40 hours per week
* Hybrid work environment. Work from home, work from the office (Minneapolis or LA), work from space. Whatever works best for you works best for us!
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org