About The Role
The Sr. Specialist Copy Editor on the Studio Production and Asset Management Team within our Creative Services department is focused on driving the quality and brand voice adherence for Vail Resorts’ marketing content. This role also supports Copywriting projects for the Creative Development Team. All together providing the opportunity to work on incredible, world-renowned brands, driven to improve how guests experience our resorts.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a creative production team, bringing an expertise in grammar and punctuation, as well as applying legal and brand guidelines to creative development and review.
We are seeking a candidate that is exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to juggle multiple projects and shifting timelines. The primary copyediting work requires close collaboration with Creative Development, Account Service, Studio Production, and QA teams at various stages of creative development, adjusting content before and after review.
– Outlet: Corporate
– Expected Pay Range: $59,100 – $69,000
– Other Specifics: Remote
– Work with copywriters, art directors, freelancers, and others to move content efficiently through the production process.
– Timeline adherence.
– Communicate regularly with teams to ensure smooth copy flow throughout production cycle.
– Collaborate with Creative Services team members to establish best practices.
– Update and maintain enterprise copyediting style guide.
– Help to shape and refine processes around GTM production workflows.
– Review content to ensure alignment with brand voice and tone, clear messaging, and correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and punctuation.
– Understanding of project briefs to ensure content meets project goals.
– Final review of Legal standards to Vail Resorts products within messaging.
– Brand guideline expert for 40+ resort and product brands.
– QA to ensure correct project content for GTM projects
– Ability to write everything from concise headlines to emails to scripts to digital copy.
– Able to understand feedback and how to make necessary edits
– Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years’ experience copyediting / copywriting; preferably within an agency setting.
– Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
– Copy editing expertise
Desired Skills and Experience:
– Experience with complex GTM processes and technologies
– Experience working with tools like WorkFront to manage creative projects
– Exceptionally organized and detail oriented, with experience creating order from disorder
– Ability to edit various document types, including spreadsheets and matrices; familiarity with image formats, production, and editing.
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to prioritize workload, and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines.
The expected Total Compensation for this role is $59,100 – $69,000. Individual compensation decisions are based on a variety of factors.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
– Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
– Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
– Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
– Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
– Life, AD&D, and disability insurance