Vice President of Media + Connection Strategy
Full-time position with Collective Measures in Minneapolis
Job posted April 25, 2023
About The Role
The Vice President of Media + Connection Strategy will lead the overall approach to media strategy and lead the process and structure to deliver unmatched media execution for clients. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with departmental leaders to build and roll out departmental initiatives and operational standards for the practice as a whole. This role will drive thought leadership on media overall, campaign strategies, audience segmentation, data driven media plans, and will apply industry-leading technologies to deliver optimal program performance.
The VP will oversee and guide all media strategy and execution teams (paid search, paid social media, awareness media and all traditional media forms) in partnership with team directors. As a member of the CM leadership team, this role will be an integral part of positioning Collective Measures as the premier full-funnel connection strategy agency. Proven team leadership experience is essential, as is development of high potential talent. Knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies, including search, display, social, video and mobile tactics, emerging applications, as well as familiarity with digital marketing technologies is essential. The ideal candidate will understand the intricacies of brand and performance media working together to propel brands.
– Lead agency point of view on the future of media, related technologies and strategies to drive client success. In partnership with department directors, lead strategy and execution across all paid media channels: search, display, social and disciplines to enable holistic cross-channel strategies and executional plans.
– Ultimately responsible for the execution of the client work with operational excellence and the relentless pursuit of optimal performance.
– Ensure media strategic vision and work is understood and visible to the industry, the clients and the broader agency.
– Promote Collective Measures’ brand via blog posts, case studies, and speaking engagements.
– Interface with select senior client executives individually and in group settings to provide thought leadership on media strategies, tactics and performance, as well as other emerging media opportunities.
– Partner with Account Management leads in developing key strategic approaches for cross sell of media services to influential client decision makers.
– Understand and adopt new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies.
– Drive new business externally via thought leadership efforts and networking.
– Continuous focus on revenue retention, increasing product adoption and media spend.
– Support internal Collective Measures marketing efforts as a key contributor.
– Participate in new business processes + pitches; inspire new business efforts.
Team Leadership & Development:
– Support Director of Performance Media and Director of Brand Media and Connection Strategy and help to guide their development at the agency.
– Foster a culture based on teamwork, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity.
– Motivate, lead, and manage internal teams, working collaboratively to deliver work that meet our clients’ business objectives.
– Maintain a focus on employee development, mentorship and coaching, incorporating regular feedback for all team members; -foster close collaboration with individual team leaders.
– Enforce development and documentation of best practices for improving operational efficiencies.
– Set standards on new optimization tools/techniques.
– Ensure highest standards are met and that Collective Measures’ execution remains best in class.
– Advise on tool needs, manage budget and assess usage.
– Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business, marketing, or advertising preferred; MBA or Master’s degree is a plus
– 15+ years of progressive levels of responsibility in media planning, buying, leadership and management
– 8-10 years of demonstrated success in managing and leading people
– Proven experience in delivering clear, strategic presentations to C-level marketing executives
– Demonstrated experience in managing an organization and developing key talent
– Deep understanding of cross channel paid media planning and buying
– High competency level in MS Office with specific strengths in Excel and PowerPoint; comfort with Tableau
– Able to work independently and balance multiple tasks
_PHYSICAL/ COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS: (without accommodation or with reasonable accommodation)
– Must be able to speak and read English proficiently;
– Must be able to sit for extended periods of time;
– Must be able to use a keyboard and a telephone.
_ ABOUT COLLECTIVE MEASURES
We are 100% employee-owned, so we have good reason to create a place people want to work. We value curiosity and integrity. We hire people who are authentic, experts at their craft, and genuinely passionate about digital. We have an open-door policy. Positive work-life balance is a top priority. And we consistently carve out time for all-company field trips to build the Collective Measures community.
Collective Measures does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.