Video Editor Intern
Company Location: Uptown (Minneapolis)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position: Unpaid internship
Hours Per Week: 15 - 20 (flexible)
Start Date: Immediately, 12-week commitment
Are you looking to get more video work? Do you want to increase your confidence in video storytelling and editing? Do you want to build your portfolio? If so, we want to meet you.
Street Factory Media (SFM) is an experiential agency that works with other agencies and brands to birth campaign strategies and creative ideas. Often this requires video production. Our video department handles the capturing, editing, and delivery of video content.
To put it simply, we’re seeking a Video Editor to help us edit stories that wow people. Bonus points if you have animation experience.
- 80% of your role is dedicated to editing videos. You’ll ingest and organize footage, pull selects, create drafts, and finalize the edit.
- 10% of your role is dedicated to working on production shoots. You’ll assist in setting up and operating equipment including cameras, lights, microphones, and tripods.
- 10% of your role is dedicated to contributing ideas for video executions during pre-production meetings.
- Additional responsibilities include file management/organization and continuously implementing new editing techniques to maximize efficiency.
Benefits of Internship
- Increased confidence to get more freelance clients and/or employment in the video/film industry.
- Become a highly valued editor that brings stories to life by creating emotional dynamics and rhythmic shape.
- Deep understanding of storytelling & a framework to tell compelling stories.
- 2 years of experience with Adobe Premiere or any other NLE software
- A basic understanding of video composition rules
- Working knowledge of DSLR cameras
- An open-minded perspective and welcoming to others
If you don’t mind office dogs, a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with all aspects of video production, email the following information to email@example.com.
- Subject Line: Video Intern – Your Name
- Include a short description explaining what you want to obtain from the internship
- Include a link to your video reel (or 2 work samples)
- Attach your resume