VP, Group Media Director
Full-time position with Colle McVoy in Minneapolis, MN
Job posted January 7, 2023
About The Role
Colle McVoy leads brands to their next. We combine purpose, innovation and experience in new ways to give businesses a competitive advantage, because brands that set the bar win. To help fulfill this mission, we need talent deeply rooted in the marketing strategies and techniques of now paired with the burning curiosity and courage to shape what’s next. We nurture a creatively driven, award-winning culture that’s all about empowered entrepreneurship – where people can be the inspired, energized, authentic individuals they are, while embracing opportunities to push themselves and the work. We believe we have a responsibility to our employees, clients, community and the environment to not only act with integrity in everything we do, but to use our expertise as a force for good to benefit all people, communities and the planet. We welcome applicants seeking meaningful careers that never stop evolving and who share our values of passion, partnership, integrity and courage.
VP, Group Media Director
Are you a connection connoisseur or a media maven? Are you a reach/frequency artist and the flowchart is your canvas? Do you believe “spots and dots” are for dalmatians and media plans should be as creative as the message? Are you a fearless leader that’s eager to raise the next generation of media superstars? If the answer is all of the above, we know the place for you. As a Colle McVoy VP, Group Media Director, you’ll ensure creative media excellence across a stable of accounts. As part of our full-service, integrated agency you’ll oversee the holistic media strategy, planning, investment and measurement activities on both nationally recognized and regional brands. You’ll put your breadth of channel expertise, curiosity, and innovative thinking to use making first-of-their-kind connection experiences for these top brands. In joining this award-winning media team you’ll tap both sides of your data-driven and creative mind to make unique use of a wide range of channels, including national and local broadcast, digital, social, out-of-home, print, and everything in between. Your contagious passion for what you do will help lead the direction of our department and mentor our media team members as well as drive media thought leadership for the agency and clients.
– Guide a team of media strategists, digital and broadcast buyers and data scientists to craft creatively-driven and data-led media and measurement strategies for multiple brands
– Support the team to be effective and accurate in plan development, negotiation, execution, reporting and stewardship
– Collaborate with both internal disciplines and external agency teams, representing an informed and thoughtful media point-of-view
– Guide a team in the development of client-ready presentations that effectively represent and sell in great work
– Facilitate media relationships to ensure the team is considering the latest and greatest thinking and opportunities
– As a member of the media leadership team contribute to process evolutions, training opportunities, and team member development
– Train and mentor direct reports, acting as their advocate and helping drive their success
– Participate in new business pitches, representing our media discipline with thoughtful and creative strategies and strong presentation skills
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
– Minimum of ten years’ experience in agency-side media planning
– Minimum of five years management experience
– Experience planning across all media vehicles, specifically television and digital
– Strong presentation skills (both deck writing and public speaking) for client and new business opportunities
– Must be proficient across all media planning core skills and tools: reach and frequency, competitive analysis, audience creation/analysis, plan reporting and optimization
– The ideal candidate would be familiar with Kantar, Pathmatics, MRI Simmons, Nielsen Commspoint Influence or equivalent tools
– Ability to travel
– Based in or open to relocate to Minneapolis
About Colle McVoy:
Colle McVoy is a full-service creative agency that leads brands to their next. We combine purpose, innovation and experience in new ways to give businesses a competitive advantage. We bring this approach to a diverse collection of client partners, including 3M, AccuWeather, AGCO, Associated Bank, Blu Dot, Burnett Dairy, Capital One, CHS, Children’s Health, Cub Cadet, Deluxe Corporation, Elanco, Florida’s Natural, Goodyear, Houston White, Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism, Medtronic, Northern Tool + Equipment, Perdue, the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation, Target, UnitedHealth Group, U.S. Bank, Vermont Creamery, Whirlpool, Yelloh (formerly Schwan’s Home Delivery) and Zoetis, among others. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Colle McVoy has been named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age, Outside magazine and the Star Tribune. For more information, visit collemcvoy.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Submit your application
- Company website
- Contact email: email@example.com